signed 2 more to a "Critical "library

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

JohnnyP
Committed Musician
Committed Musician
Posts: 634
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:20 am
Gender: Male
Location: Nashville area
Contact:

signed 2 more to a "Critical "library

Post by JohnnyP » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:43 pm

I'm really happy these 2 found a home! They were signed yesterday to a very picky library that I only learned about by going to my first Road Rally in 2015. If I remember correctly I wrote this one "Slipping Away" to a listing earlier this year ( thanks TAXI!) and it was forwarded but was not signed.
I used some new sounds I found on Logic 10.5. What's really funny is I downloaded Logic 10.5 and just started playing random chords on the keyboard. The discordant piano chords that start at :21 are what made me think of the hook/title. That's never happened with me before. I never cease to be amazed at what makes us think of a particular line, hook or melody. Best, John

https://soundcloud.com/jp-pearson-1/sli ... YcIU4t5vVA

http://johnptunes.com/track/2546465/my-best-friend
Last edited by JohnnyP on Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
cassmcentee
Serious Musician
Serious Musician
Posts: 3338
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:40 am
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: signed 2 more to a "Critical "library

Post by cassmcentee » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:27 pm

Great!
Congrats JP
Robert "Cass" McEntee
"Making music on a spinning ball of Magma"
https://soundcloud.com/robert-cass-mcentee
https://www.taxi.com/members/DosPalmasRecordings

JohnnyP
Committed Musician
Committed Musician
Posts: 634
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:20 am
Gender: Male
Location: Nashville area
Contact:

Re: signed 2 more to a "Critical "library

Post by JohnnyP » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:34 pm

cassmcentee wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:27 pm
Great!
Congrats JP
Thanks Cass and Happy Thanksgiving!

User avatar
gitanosoy
Impressive
Impressive
Posts: 373
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:36 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Vancouver
Contact:

Re: signed 2 more to a "Critical "library

Post by gitanosoy » Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:15 pm

Great vibe love that electric guitar lick and where it's placed.


Congrats!!

User avatar
superkons
Committed Musician
Committed Musician
Posts: 725
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:08 pm
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: signed 2 more to a "Critical "library

Post by superkons » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:56 am

Congrats, pal!

Digging for one's "hidden treasures" should be done more often, instead of rushing to get one's wallet out to buy the newest sample library/plugin :)

User avatar
cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician
Posts: 2469
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:46 pm
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: signed 2 more to a "Critical "library

Post by cosmicdolphin » Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:38 am

Well done Sir !

It's taken me several years to get 6 pieces into that Critical Library, two at once is a great achievement ...I like Slipping Away..very cool...MBF sounds very Ad friendly

Strangely I've been running out of Non_ex cues to try with them and instead of picking my "best" stuff I've just been sending whatever I had left such as my Taxi returns from 4 years ago and I've had 3 of them accepted this year ( one from each batch ) ...a better hit rate doing it randomly than picking and choosing. You just can't predict what they will like.

Good luck for some placements, I enjoy seeing the pitch activity even if I don't get the placement.

Mark

Peterg
Getting Busy
Getting Busy
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:05 pm
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: signed 2 more to a "Critical "library

Post by Peterg » Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:35 pm

Slipping away is a great song! Congrats

Peter

JohnnyP
Committed Musician
Committed Musician
Posts: 634
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:20 am
Gender: Male
Location: Nashville area
Contact:

Re: signed 2 more to a "Critical "library

Post by JohnnyP » Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:49 pm

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:38 am
Well done Sir !

It's taken me several years to get 6 pieces into that Critical Library, two at once is a great achievement ...I like Slipping Away..very cool...MBF sounds very Ad friendly

Strangely I've been running out of Non_ex cues to try with them and instead of picking my "best" stuff I've just been sending whatever I had left such as my Taxi returns from 4 years ago and I've had 3 of them accepted this year ( one from each batch ) ...a better hit rate doing it randomly than picking and choosing. You just can't predict what they will like.

Good luck for some placements, I enjoy seeing the pitch activity even if I don't get the placement.

Mark
Thanks Mark! I appreciate the nice words. And yes, you're right. "C" is hard to figure out sometimes. I've had them reject songs that I would've bet money they'd take, and then they'll take one with flaws all over it! Then again it's source music so it's the vibe that truly counts. I've gotta keep telling myself that! Thanks again. best, John

JohnnyP
Committed Musician
Committed Musician
Posts: 634
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:20 am
Gender: Male
Location: Nashville area
Contact:

Re: signed 2 more to a "Critical "library

Post by JohnnyP » Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:50 pm

Peterg wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:35 pm
Slipping away is a great song! Congrats

Peter
Thank you Peter! It was a good chance to use some lyrics that have been bouncing in my head since covid started. best, John

JohnnyP
Committed Musician
Committed Musician
Posts: 634
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:20 am
Gender: Male
Location: Nashville area
Contact:

Re: signed 2 more to a "Critical "library

Post by JohnnyP » Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:52 pm

superkons wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:56 am
Congrats, pal!

Digging for one's "hidden treasures" should be done more often, instead of rushing to get one's wallet out to buy the newest sample library/plugin :)
Thank you Marco! I'm right there with you on digging for one's hidden treasures!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests