Singer/Songwriter entry; Feedback ?

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

rockinrob
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Singer/Songwriter entry; Feedback ?

Post by rockinrob » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:13 am

Stripped down version for entry. Any feedback welcome. Thank You.

https://soundcloud.com/user-787705464/l ... road-entry

rockinrob
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Singer/Songwriter entry; Feedback ?

Post by rockinrob » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:35 am

HEARTFELT A/C POP BALLADS with Male or Female Vocals are needed by the Head of A&R at a Major Publishing Company for several artists that are in need of material for their upcoming albums. Please submit Down-to-Mid-Tempo Songs that could be found on a playlist with the references our client gave us:
Please submit radio-worthy A/C Pop Songs or Ballads that sound like mega-hits! Your well-developed lyrics and melodies should have a modern sound and style that's marketable across multiple radio formats. Songs can be stripped-down with just Piano/Vocal or Guitar/Vocal, or you can go with a fuller production. No matter which you submit, please make sure you have a really strong vocal performance to help get them excited about cutting your song.

DannyWeber
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by DannyWeber » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:47 am

rockinrob wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:35 am
HEARTFELT A/C POP BALLADS with Male or Female Vocals are needed by the Head of A&R at a Major Publishing Company for several artists that are in need of material for their upcoming albums. Please submit Down-to-Mid-Tempo Songs that could be found on a playlist with the references our client gave us:
Please submit radio-worthy A/C Pop Songs or Ballads that sound like mega-hits! Your well-developed lyrics and melodies should have a modern sound and style that's marketable across multiple radio formats. Songs can be stripped-down with just Piano/Vocal or Guitar/Vocal, or you can go with a fuller production. No matter which you submit, please make sure you have a really strong vocal performance to help get them excited about cutting your song.
Hey Rob,

Really strong heartfelt vocal. Kind of a Steve Earle "Transcendental Blues" or Tom Petty vibe going on there in your vocal. I like the authenticity!!
But I don't think this is the right listing for this one. Even though you didn't post the reference tracks here.. I think they are looking for something more along the lines of a modern/contemporary hit.
Yours could find many uses in TV/Film I'm sure but I don't think it's right for a listing like this. Sorry!

Dan

johnlewitt
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by johnlewitt » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:56 am

Yeah, this isn't an A/C Pop Ballad. More Americana IMO.

rockinrob
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by rockinrob » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:14 am

Ok. Thank you very much

RapperTriggaD1

Post by RapperTriggaD1 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:55 am

I felt that this song made me feel like I wanted to walk on my Journey to my Long Road Home which is A good thing This is A very emotional song I really enjoy listening to this song keep up the great work.

rockinrob
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by rockinrob » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:22 am

Thank you rappa...I'll take that as a good sign. I liked the general theme and how it's a relatable. Thanks for the kind words.