Y and R usage 3x!

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

JohnnyP
Committed Musician
Committed Musician
Posts: 708
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:20 am
Gender: Male
Location: Nashville area
Contact:

Y and R usage 3x!

Post by JohnnyP » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:53 am

Really happy to share that a song I wrote specifically for a TAXI listing (ala Ross Copperman) made it onto Y and R today! (Edited- March 2nd, March 4th & March 10th 2021)!
The song was forwarded once and returned once for different listings. I subsequently sent it directly to a library owner I had met at the Road Rally several years ago. She signed it a few months ago and now it's been on CBS three times in the last 8 days! And the deal with this company gives me half the publishing!
Thanks Michael for the opportunity to meet this library owner!

https://open.spotify.com/track/3o1dLUJG ... GAHRgMnMtQ
Last edited by JohnnyP on Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:32 am, edited 4 times in total.

User avatar
cassmcentee
Serious Musician
Serious Musician
Posts: 3371
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:40 am
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Song on today's Young and Restless!

Post by cassmcentee » Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:03 pm

Sweet! Congrats JP!
Robert "Cass" McEntee
"Making music on a spinning ball of Magma"
https://soundcloud.com/robert-cass-mcentee
https://www.taxi.com/members/DosPalmasRecordings

User avatar
funsongs
Total Pro
Total Pro
Posts: 6049
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:18 am
Gender: Male
Location: So Cal
Contact:

Re: Song on today's Young and Restless!

Post by funsongs » Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:00 pm

Great report, and testament - to keep after it.
Congrats, JP. :? :P
Really dig the foundational/bottom end of this track.
Like a comfy saddle - it rides well! Ear-candy... :)
Peter Rahill - aka "funsongs"
https://soundcloud.com/funsongs-1
You Tube channel: Peter Rahill https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPaX4l ... ZiUvSQbN7Q
https://peterrahill.bandcamp.com/


“The future aint what it use to be.” - Yogi Berra

JohnnyP
Committed Musician
Committed Musician
Posts: 708
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:20 am
Gender: Male
Location: Nashville area
Contact:

Re: Song on today's Young and Restless!

Post by JohnnyP » Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:33 pm

cassmcentee wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:03 pm
Sweet! Congrats JP!
Thanks much Cass!

JohnnyP
Committed Musician
Committed Musician
Posts: 708
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:20 am
Gender: Male
Location: Nashville area
Contact:

Re: Song on today's Young and Restless!

Post by JohnnyP » Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:36 pm

funsongs wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:00 pm
Great report, and testament - to keep after it.
Congrats, JP. :? :P
Really dig the foundational/bottom end of this track.
Like a comfy saddle - it rides well! Ear-candy... :)
Thanks Tom! It was a fun one to produce for sure!

User avatar
funsongs
Total Pro
Total Pro
Posts: 6049
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:18 am
Gender: Male
Location: So Cal
Contact:

Re: Song on today's Young and Restless!

Post by funsongs » Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:32 pm

JohnnyP wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:36 pm
funsongs wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:00 pm
Great report, and testament - to keep after it.
Congrats, JP. :? :P
Really dig the foundational/bottom end of this track.
Like a comfy saddle - it rides well! Ear-candy... :)
Thanks Tom! It was a fun one to produce for sure!
You're welcome Billy!! :? :shock: 8-)
Peter Rahill - aka "funsongs"
https://soundcloud.com/funsongs-1
You Tube channel: Peter Rahill https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPaX4l ... ZiUvSQbN7Q
https://peterrahill.bandcamp.com/


“The future aint what it use to be.” - Yogi Berra

JohnnyP
Committed Musician
Committed Musician
Posts: 708
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:20 am
Gender: Male
Location: Nashville area
Contact:

Re: Song on today's Young and Restless!

Post by JohnnyP » Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:27 pm

funsongs wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:32 pm
JohnnyP wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:36 pm
funsongs wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:00 pm
Great report, and testament - to keep after it.
Congrats, JP. :? :P
Really dig the foundational/bottom end of this track.
Like a comfy saddle - it rides well! Ear-candy... :)
Thanks Tom! It was a fun one to produce for sure!
You're welcome Billy!! :? :shock: 8-)
Come on Peter... "Tom" almost rhymes with fun "songs".... sorry Dude! :oops:

User avatar
superkons
Committed Musician
Committed Musician
Posts: 795
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:08 pm
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Song on today's Young and Restless!

Post by superkons » Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:16 pm

Congrats!!

JohnnyP
Committed Musician
Committed Musician
Posts: 708
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:20 am
Gender: Male
Location: Nashville area
Contact:

Re: Song on today's Young and Restless!

Post by JohnnyP » Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:58 pm

superkons wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:16 pm
Congrats!!
Thanks Marco!

User avatar
Casey H
King of the World
King of the World
Posts: 12481
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2004 3:22 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Re: Song on today's Young and Restless!

Post by Casey H » Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:23 pm

Congrats!!
:D Casey

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests