String Instrument

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

soonnueng

String Instrument

Post by soonnueng » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:01 am

Is there anyone got forwarded for String Instrument?

ibanez468
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: String Instrument

Post by ibanez468 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:58 am

soonnueng,Looks like there have been some major changes with the new listing for this month compared to the listing for last month. I don't even see the listing for "STRING INSTRUMENTALS" anymore. Looks like it got bumped off the list. Unless it's hiding somewhere else.ibanez468

ncc1701
Impressive
Impressive

Post by ncc1701 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:13 am

I believe the deadline for the String Instrumentals listing is Tuesday, Jan. 15. It probably doesn't show up on the new listings because technically, they are supposed to be "out" on the 15th. But lately they've been sending them early.I wrote a string quartet for this listing but am still having problems understanding how to work with my EWQL Silver and Sonar to make it sound GOOD. If I get it done in time, I'll post it.Kathleen

ibanez468
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ibanez468 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:32 pm

Sounds reasonable. What a coincidence! I'm sittin' here doin' the same thing, using the same tools, although I'm not submitting to the listing. Too late for that. I just loaded the software eeaaarllyy this morning. Now I'm fiddlin' around testing things out before I get down to the nitty gritty! ibanez468

bmete
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by bmete » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:05 pm

Hey Kathleen,Thanks for mentioned the deadline--- I'm on the road this week and I checked all the listings last night and missed that one. Lucky, I printed out the listing and sure enough Jan 15th.I know what I'll be doing tonight!Thanks!Bob

ncc1701
Impressive
Impressive

Post by ncc1701 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:06 pm

Hey, I would love to hear your piece anyway, once you get it finished! Let me know when it's listenable.Kathleen

brindabella
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by brindabella » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:27 pm

wrote a string quartet for this listing but am still having problems understanding how to work with my EWQL Silver and Sonar to make it sound GOOD. If I get it done in time, I'll post it.Kathleen Oh please! Do post it! I have the same software, but my violins sound like accordions! Maybe I should wait till they ask for a tango!
"The crucial thing in life is not to repeat oneself." Antonio Stradivari.

http://www.Reverbnation.com/laurasanz

ibanez468
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ibanez468 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:06 am

Quote:Hey, I would love to hear your piece anyway, once you get it finished! Let me know when it's listenable.Well, I didn't actually get to use EWQL & Sonar on this one. I managed to eek out several flute trills from it, but that's about it, as the time I put into this was beginning to run out, and had to make the deadline. I do plan to re-do this (somewhere down the line) using the total EWQL Silver package & Sonar. Thought I'd post anyway as requested. A Music Library/Publisher with tons of TAXI song placements is seeking for broadcast quality UPBEAT, HAPPY, INSPIRATIONAL, FUN INSTRUMENTALS for use in TV, film, radio, and commercial productions. They don't mean inspirational in the religious sense, but in terms of emotionally stirring in a positive way. Wide open stylistically, they mentioned lush Aaron Copland-style orchestrations to brass Sousa-type stuff. But modern sounds are fine, too. 60 seconds to 2 minutes is the recommended length for this pitch. They offer a very fair deal with a 5-year reversion clause. Great-sounding home recordings are OK. Please submit one to three tracks online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI and must be received no later than Jan. 23, 2007. TAXI # S080123INhttp://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_id=9373 ... 1ibanez468

bmete
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by bmete » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:04 am

Hi ibanez468,Definitely a fun piece of music. Thanks for posting it. Sounds like a winner to me... Good Luck!Bob

ibanez468
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ibanez468 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:49 am

Hiya' Bob,Thanks! No prob on the post. I hope the screener thinks so too! ibanez468