synchronicity

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

squids
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: synchronicity

Post by squids » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:53 am

Geez chits, that made me cry....it was beautiful. I know you were in terrible emotional and physical turmoil but your resilience in the face of it is an amazing and beautiful thing.You ARE a musician.....with your voice, with your words. And now, with Band in the Box! You're one of us!! (I'm so sorry, po baby! ).You're an amazing woman and I'm grateful to have you as a friend.Squids

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jchitty » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:31 am

Apr 28, 2008, 8:53am, squids wrote:Geez chits, that made me cry....it was beautiful. I know you were in terrible emotional and physical turmoil but your resilience in the face of it is an amazing and beautiful thing.You ARE a musician.....with your voice, with your words. And now, with Band in the Box! You're one of us!! (I'm so sorry, po baby! ).You're an amazing woman and I'm grateful to have you as a friend.SquidsAww, Squiddy, your post made me misty eyed too. Thanks for the nice words. I am so happy to hang out with musicians now....seems like they get me, hehe. As far as amazing, I think you'd take the title for resilience. Look at you girl....you've survived a major illness too, and you lost your home and went through Hurricane Katrina....., girl we should give you an award. You're a true Steel Magnolia.

linziellen
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by linziellen » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:32 am

to everyone, those are difficult, yet wonderful stories.Thank you for sharing and here's to synchronicity.Lindsey

ncc1701
Impressive
Impressive

Post by ncc1701 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:09 am

Apr 28, 2008, 11:32am, linziellen wrote: ... here's to synchronicity.I always loved that album. Kathleen

brindabella
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by brindabella » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:34 pm

Apr 28, 2008, 2:09pm, kelysian wrote:Apr 28, 2008, 11:32am, linziellen wrote: ... here's to synchronicity.I always loved that album. KathleenMe too, But the lyrics are what they are talking about.."A connecting principlelinked to the invisiblesomething imperceptible..."
"The crucial thing in life is not to repeat oneself." Antonio Stradivari.

http://www.Reverbnation.com/laurasanz

ncc1701
Impressive
Impressive

Post by ncc1701 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:59 pm

Apr 28, 2008, 3:34pm, brindabella wrote:Apr 28, 2008, 2:09pm, kelysian wrote:I always loved that album. KathleenMe too, But the lyrics are what they are talking about.."A connecting principlelinked to the invisiblesomething imperceptible..."... and the part about the Loch Ness Monster.

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:06 pm

Apr 28, 2008, 3:59pm, kelysian wrote:Apr 28, 2008, 3:34pm, brindabella wrote:Me too, But the lyrics are what they are talking about.."A connecting principlelinked to the invisiblesomething imperceptible..."... and the part about the Loch Ness Monster. Many miles away, there's a shadow on the doorOf a cottage on the shoreOf a dark Scottish lake.....One of the GREATEST songs Sting ever wrote, IMHO...
The truest of tears
Seem to me to be the ones
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

brindabella
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by brindabella » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:08 pm

Apr 28, 2008, 3:59pm, kelysian wrote:Apr 28, 2008, 3:34pm, brindabella wrote:Me too, But the lyrics are what they are talking about.."A connecting principlelinked to the invisiblesomething imperceptible..."... and the part about the Loch Ness Monster. Ah! That's No.II Ya see? I know my Police well ! ooops! Im giving away my age!
"The crucial thing in life is not to repeat oneself." Antonio Stradivari.

http://www.Reverbnation.com/laurasanz

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:23 pm

Ah, true...but it's ABSOLUTELY my fave of the two versions.But this thread is all about the concept, itself. And it's something I will ALWAYS believe in. As long as we are paying attention, I don't believe we are ever TRULY lost (whether we can see the place we're headed or not at the moment)...
The truest of tears
Seem to me to be the ones
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

ncc1701
Impressive
Impressive

Post by ncc1701 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:27 pm

Apr 28, 2008, 4:08pm, brindabella wrote:Apr 28, 2008, 3:59pm, kelysian wrote:... and the part about the Loch Ness Monster. Ah! That's No.II Ya see? I know my Police well ! ooops! Im giving away my age! Yes, album = Synchronicity. Two songs on album, Synchronicity and Synchronicity II (probably my favorite Rock Band tune to croon).'Member that blue Speedo Sting wore in "Dune," Brinda? OK, OK, I had to make my little joke and it led the thread astray. Sorry. I too am a devotee of everything happening for a reason. But too often I'm convinced it's not synchroniticy, or karma, or destiny or fate - it's just the Matrix.Kathleen