TAXI Member Deals - May 2009

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

taxidave
Active
Active

TAXI Member Deals - May 2009

Post by taxidave » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:19 pm

Member Deals 5/1/09 – 5/31/09Joe Cameron (Indiana)-Joe recently notified TAXI that his Pop/Rock song “Lucky Day” was featured in episode 421 of CBS’s Ghost Whisperer. This is Joe’s first ever placement, all as a result of a forward to a highly successful Music Publisher/Library through TAXI. This placement comes a year after performing “Lucky Day” live on the Ellen Degeneres Show as the first unsigned recording artist to perform on the show.Martin Haene (Switzerland)-Martin recently reported that he had his two Modern Pop songs “Burn” and “Famous” placed in the upcoming movie, Bring It On – Fight To The Finish as the result of a forward through TAXI to an International Management/Publishing/Production company with tons of hits and cuts (U.S. and International).Martin added: “I remember that I've watched this movie when I was in the U.S. for the first time, visiting my sister who lives in Denver. Now, 8 years later, I got music in just that movie - so once again (I can't get tired in repeating that): THANK YOU TAXI, THANK YOU MICHAEL!”Judson Lee (Virginia)-After hearing his song play on TV, Judson notified us that one of his Instrumental tunes played for 25-30 seconds during a scene in the season finale of MTV’s Nitro Cirus as the result of a forward through TAXI to a Los Angeles based Commercial and Production Music Composer who runs a music library.Judson added:“This is the simplest cue I've ever made. They wanted Hawaiian ukulele cues - so I borrowed (yes borrowed) a Uke from a local music store. Figured out 4 bar Chords. The one that was used was a 2 chord solo Uke cue - that's it!”Charles Pick (Arizona)-Charles recently notified us that his song “Betty’s Beauty World” just shot up to #21 on the National Country Radio charts as the result of a connection made with a Radio & Retail Promoter at the TAXI Road Rally.Charles wrote to us: “I attended the Road Rally in November. I was able to meet and give my CD to a prominent radio promoter. Long story short, he thought the CD contained two or three songs that had strong country radio potential. Our first radio release, “Betty’s Beauty World,” has been on the National Country Charts for 12 weeks where it is currently #21! It is also #10 on the National Indie Country charts! We are planning the follow up single release and a national tour in support of the CD. Thank you TAXI!”Bobby Acres (Texas)-As the result of a forward through TAXI, Bobby’s Hip-Hop song “Hard 2 Kill” received air time on an established and popular radio show for a weekly on-air Rock Radio Show with big-FM, the No. #1 CHR (Current Hit Radio) Radio Broadcast Network in Europe/Germany. His song played for 10 million listeners, and he was featured on the radio stations website.Sermone Frink (New York)-Sermone posted a thread on the TAXI forums showing his appreciate to TAXI and the TAXI forum members. We’d like to share his story, even though there is no official deal yet:Title: Taxi Really Works“Hey Everyone,Just wanted to join the chorus of others that have landed deals, had doors opened, and other great things that can happen with Taxi.My Taxi Gratefulness List1) Taxi has kept me writing for TV stuff at a time where I really would not have bothered to.2) I attempted to submit 2 tracks yesterday for a dispatch world listing, but when I logged on realized I missed the time. A quick call to taxi, and a rep opened it back up. (THANKS!)3) When I tried to pay for the submissions my browser locked up and I missed the 2nd deadline. Another call to taxi and another rep opened it back up and got my tunes in. (THANKS AGAIN!!)4) The next day I get an email, I got a forward!5) The same day I get an email from the company and they would like to discuss options and "I like your sound".A great big thanks to the Taxi staff who helped me along. (I gave them a call back on this, They were glad to hear)Also a big thanks to the board members for your kind words and critiques.”Taxi Rocks (Sermone)Multi-member deal:-A managing partner at an Independent Record Label with established distribution recently stated they signed 16 TAXI members as the result of the forwards sent to them from their request through TAXI Dispatch. Only 3 of the 16 TAXI members reported their deals to us (c'mon guys & gals!), but we congratulate everyone’s outstanding success! Thank you to TAXI members Dominick Serpico, Michael Tauben, and Jane Becker for reporting their deals.The listing company kindly added:“[Company name excluded] has nourished wonderful relationships with sixteen writers as a direct result of the work of TAXI and we are appreciative of your firm and the work you do in providing the opportunities for talented writers/producers to connect with publishing and label firms like [Company name excluded].”Jeff Greenleaf (California)-Jeff just signed an additional 15-song licensing deal with a Music Supervisor who focuses on placing music on reality TV shows as the result of a forward through a TAXI Dispatch listing. Jeff created instrumental cues based off of watching scenes from the specific shows the music supervisor was working on. The instrumentals that were signed were in varies styles such as fun/quirky, tension, electronica, blues, etc.Mark Bresky (Michigan)-As the result of a forward through TAXI, Mark signed a non-exclusive deal with a very successful Production Music Library who has placements with ABC, CBS, NBC, WB, Disney, Discovery, Lifetime, Fox, USA, etc.-Mark also signed a 5-year exclusive deal for his High Drama/Crisis Instrumentals just a year after being forwarded to an East Coast Music Library/Publisher through TAXI.Mark kindly added some wise tips and advice:“Well, after a little more than two years of: WriteSubmitForget about itRepeat a 50% forward rate (33 out of 67) I received an email for my song "Taser Sting" that was forwarded (not sure what listing, as it was forwarded several times). I signed the contract today. A few things that I have to say.... I have been in the music business all of my life....from local bands to being on the road playing in dives to being on the road playing with large acts and now writing for TV/Film.The one thing that is true in all of this: Understand what the customer is asking you for and deliver it - weather you are playing in a club or an arena....or if you are writing Understand what you need to do to complete the job successfully. Listen to your peers who have BEEN THERE AND DONE THAT!!! Invest all you can into the tools that you use to write with and educate yourself! Read your critiques and use them as a tool to improve yourself!I have to say that I could not have done this without the folks in the forum.... Dave Walton, Matto, Mazz, Andre, Hummingbird...etc......everyone was so very helpful. And thank you to the staff of Taxi and the screeners! You truly ROCK! Yeah, it's only one deal....but guess what....I GOT ANOTHER EMAIL THIS WEEK AND A CONTRACT FROM ANOTHER COMPANY (more on that when I sign it....)!!!”“Thank YOU, as I could not have done it without Taxi!” BreskyBarry French (Spring Hill, TN)-As the result of a forward through TAXI Dispatch, Barry connected with a very successful Production Music Library and signed a non-exclusive deal for 21 songs (ranging in the genres of Hard Rock/Metal/Modern Rock/Alternative/Punk Rock/Pop).Quinn Cox (Tucson, AZ)-Quinn recently reported that he signed a 50/50 non-exclusive deal for his Country/Slide Guitar Instrumental (and 4 additional versions) to a U.K.-based Music Library/Publishing company as the result of a forward through TAXI one year prior.Eddie Paton (Canada)-Eddie and his co-writer Bret report that their song “At Paradiso” was included on an upcoming compilation CD to be released via Warner Europe. This was a result of a forward through TAXI to an Austrian Production Company with Major Distribution.John Pelsone (New York)-John’s Latin song “Latino Loco” was recently signed with a well-connected Music Consultant with many film/TV/commercial placements as the result of a forward through TAXI.-John also had 16 songs accepted into the catalog of a very successful Production Music Library who secures instrumental placements with ABC, CBS, NBC, WB, FOX, USA, Disney, Lifetime, etc. as the result of a forward through TAXI.John added:“I am very happy with taxi music...They have guided me right along the way with the honest critiques and have shown me after only one year of recording experience, the right way 2 go.I also must give most of the credit to the fine People on the forum. There non easy critiques have helped me like u can't believe. I know it's just my first good news, but I feel this year is gonna b the year...I'm exited..THANKS TAXI.. ”Anthony Hiebert (Canada)-Anthony recently confirmed that he signed his song “Awakenings” which was included on an upcoming compilation CD to be released via Warner Europe. This was a result of a forward through TAXI to an Austrian Production Company with Major Distribution.Nick Truch (United Kingdom)-Two months after a forward through TAXI, Nick signed his World/Ethnic track “Samurai Album Montage” with an established and successful Music Publisher based in L.A. He sent in his full album to them, and he is now breaking the tracks down to 30-40 second cues for film/TV use.Ivan Valles (Florida)-Ivan signed a 3-song licensing deal with an established and successful Production Music Library/Publisher as the result of a forward through TAXI.-Ivan signed a publishing deal with a well-connected Music Consultant as the result of a forward through TAXI.-Ivan also notified us that he is now composing/producing for a very successful Production Music Library as the result of a forward through TAXI.-And, as the result of a forward through TAXI, Ivan connected with a successful Music Publisher who’s had tons of great Film/TV placements for many TAXI members.Stanton Lanier (Georgia)-Stanton’s song “Awaken the Dawn” was included on an upcoming compilation CD to be released via Warner Europe. This was a result of a forward through TAXI to an Austrian Production Company with Major Distribution.Sheldon Gartner (New York)-Sheldon notified us that he signed his “Rag” piano track is now available for licensing online as the result of a forward through TAXI to the Owner of a Music Production Library.Sheldon added:“It’s my first of many to come, I hope.” “Thanks so much.”Steve Barden (California)-Steve just signed his first deal with a very successful Production Music Library as the result of a forward through a TAXI listing requesting high tension/suspense instrumentals.Matt Rhoden (New York)-Matt signed a non-exclusive deal for three of his songs with a well-connected Music Consultant with many film/TV/commercial placements as the result of a forward through TAXI.Alan Hutchinson (California)-Alan reported that he signed his Delta Blues song “I Came Upon Your Door” to an established and successful Music Publisher based in L.A. as the result of a forward through TAXI.Aub Delane Robertson (Oklahoma)-Aub Delane’s Indie/Alt-Rock Songs “Doyya Doncha” and “She Got Groove” were recently signed with a well-connected Music Consultant with many film/TV/commercial placements as the result of a forward through TAXI.David Holland (United Kingdom)-David licensed 11 songs with an established and successful Music Publisher based in L.A. as the result of a forward through TAXI.Stan Swiniarski (Tennessee)-Stan connected with a very successful Production Music Library as the result of a forward through TAXI.You guys know what to do! We'd love to hear your success stories! Please e-mail them to: ');// -->deals@taxi.comDavid LaidlawManager, Dispatchdavid@taxi.com

taxidave
Active
Active

Re: TAXI Member Deals - May 2009

Post by taxidave » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:20 pm

Sarah Tallman/Chris Tallman (aka Matthew Chase) – (North Carolina)I thought this success story deserved it’s own separate post:Posthumous Popularity is Bittersweet for TAXI Member's WidowFormer TAXI member Chris Tallman, who played under the stage name Matthew Chase, had a passion for two things in life: music and extreme adventure.In April 2008, after watching Shark Week on the Discovery Channel, Chris decided to go shark diving with his best friend, Casey, in South Africa. He was far more worried about getting sea sick than any altercation with a shark."He loved to live life on the edge. He could tear up a double black diamond on the ski slopes, and make it look like a beginner course. He even scaled up the side of Half Dome, in Yosemite Valley one year, with no safety equipment, before the cables were up... He loved the thrill of doing dangerous things. Unfortunately, it was feeding that thrill that got him killed," said Sarah Tallman, Chris's widow.It wasn't a shark attack that killed Chris and Casey. Having just completed their dive, they were changing out of their wetsuits inside the cabin, when a massive rogue wave capsized their boat. All 19 people aboard the boat were thrown into the icy cold, shark-infested water. Unfortunately, Chris and Casey were not among those rescued in time, and they drowned along with one other man from Norway.Despite Chris's tragic death, Sarah has continued to keep his memory and Matthew Chase alive.Matthew Chase first joined TAXI in 2005, but due to financial reasons, let his membership expire. In October 2008, six months after his death, Sarah renewed his membership after finding out that Matthew Chase won the 2008 Independent Singer-Songwriter Association Lyrics of the Year award for his song "Believe" off his final CD, Everything. He wrote "Believe" for Sarah shortly before their wedding. The big news about the win was announced just two weeks before what would have been their first wedding anniversary.In the months following his death, Sarah woke up each day and pursued her late husband's music career like it was her full-time job. She established a mini Matthew Chase marketing agency, connected with friends in the entertainment industry, updated his Web site, and submitted his songs to music listings and entered them in competitions."The reason that I joined TAXI last year, and have continued to submit Matthew Chase's music, is because his last CD, Everything, was amazing and I truly BELIEVE in his music! I saw the trials and tribulations that he went through when recording all three of his CDs, and we both knew that he had finally recorded something that was going to launch Matthew Chase's career. As his widow, there was no way that I was going to let his music die with him. His music is a gift that he left to me, to share with others," Sarah said.Sarah recently signed a publishing deal for Matthew Chase's music as a result of a submission to TAXI. Sarah submitted the songs in January, and just received news about the deal in May. She ultimately signed a total of eight songs."Matthew Chase used to tap his pen at work, tap his hand on the steering wheel in the car, etc. He told me that he always had a song going in his head. He said that he couldn't ever remember not having a melody that he was thinking about. He used to record riffs, jot down lyrics whenever he was inspired," Sarah said.Sarah is hoping to release Matthew Chase's fourth CD, entitled Everything and After. Sarah's goal is to have existing artists perform each Matthew Chase song from his CD, with a portion of the proceeds going to Blue Bear Music, a non-profit music school in San Francisco."Music is such amazing therapy, and helping to spread the healing power of music is something that Matthew Chase strongly believed in. I hope what I am doing with his music would make him proud of me," Sarah said. "However, I must admit, that I feel like I'm getting a little bit of help from above!"To listen to Matthew Chase's music, visit www.matthewchasemusic.com/.

jay10music
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: TAXI Member Deals - May 2009

Post by jay10music » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am

Congratulations to each and every one of you who have signed deals, had Film/TV placements or hit a chart as a result of writing great music and using your TAXI memberships wisely. I'd also like to thank my A&R staff for working harder to get even better listings from stronger companies, to my entire staff for making our customer care so good that it's become a hallmark of the company, and to the folks on this forum who so generously contribute their knowledge to help others.Noteable: One company reported that 16 TAXI members got deals with them. Of those 16, only 3 reported them to us. If you do the math, that's only one of 5.3 members who land a deal actually take a moment to tell us about it. Doing some more math; we had 23 members who reported deals in May, if we use that same multiplier, that would indicate that 121.9 TAXI members likely signed deals or had placements in May!Many of the deals we know about are for multi-song deals. Kind of gets you thinking as to just how many songs are getting signed every year.... pretty staggering! -- ML