TAXI Road Rally 2012 Wrap Up and Thoughts

From the desk of Michael Laskow.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Silje
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: TAXI Road Rally 2012 Wrap Up and Thoughts

Post by Silje » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:08 am

Thank you for the blog-post, great summary, I will print your 9-point list and hang it on the board above my computer :)

-Silje

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:49 am

Great blog, Mazz. Thanks so much for all you do and congrats on your recent successes. You set the standard for leadership and professionalism. :D

As I always say, embrace the whole Taxi experience which is so much more than listings, forwards, and returns. Be part of the community-- forum, rally, etc. All endeavors in life are really about people and relationships first, your peers and your customers.

It was such a pleasure seeing so many of you! If we didn't get to meet and chat, there is next year!

:D Casey

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:31 am

Excellent blog post and just what I needed to hear. Thanks!
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

bigbluebarry
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by bigbluebarry » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:28 am

Excellent blog post Mazz! I think you summed it up quite nicely. It was a honor and privilege to be up on that stage with you. Knowing just how much time and effort you put towards your music while maintaining a day job helps keep me motivated and focused on those days when I don't "feel" like going to "work" in the studio. Also love how you treat your fellow composers regardless of whether they've had tons of placements or they're total newbies just learning about the business, you treat them both equally with respect and are always willing to share your knowledge and experience to help them reach their dreams. That's an admirable quality that does not go unnoticed. Love you my friend!

-Barry
Imagine a steel cage match between Daughtry, Coldplay, Paramore and Demon Hunter with Joe Satriani as the referee...

http://www.taxi.com/bigbluebarry
http://www.bigbluebarry.com
http://www.twitter.com/bigbluebarry

nick.moxsom
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by nick.moxsom » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:28 am

Thanks, Mazz,

Succinct and generous as ever. You're a good man, and an inspiration.

Nick

coachdebra
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by coachdebra » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:05 pm

Great post, John. I've posted this comment:

It was so lovely running into you! Thanks for the coffee! I would add:

5.A. They spend time working on their business not just in their business - setting up, honing and polishing their business systems to create the consistency that builds momentum and a truly professional experience for their customers/clients/fans.

wen
Impressive
Impressive

Post by wen » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:50 pm

Hi John and thanks for that list.

It is like a daily bible or something. I was really glad to meet you, if only for a moment on the elevator. Meeting "real" people from TAXI has been amazing. It is so inspiring. Thanks for being willing to be a mentor! Good luck on your next project.

Peace out
Wenda
wendawilliamson.com

Marina - aniraM

Post by Marina - aniraM » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:34 pm

Hey Mazz, great post. Yes, Taxi is an awesome company and they do wonderful work developing artists.

My new years resolution is to be more active on this forum and participate, as well as to take my music more seriously and to the next level. I had a wonderful time at the Road Rally 2012 also, and lots of things crystalized in my mind from attending.

It was just cool to wander around and reflect and ponder/listen to what all the speakers were saying, and I could feel switches click in my head as what they said rang true. It saved me lots of thinking time, just to listen to what everyone was saying.

Was a wonderful Rally, and I must say a massive thank you to Michael and the team at Taxi, as I had such a great time at the 2012 road rally, and appreciate that you open up these opportunities to the entire planet, and try to nurture talent on a global scale, which I appreciate greatly as I am from Melbourne, Australia and far away, so it is a lifeline for my musical evolution.

I must also say thank you so very much for the gorgeous Taylor Luna guitar, I have been busy writing songs on it over December and will try to do it justice with my song writing, I was very surprised when my ticket was pulled out of the hat for the door prize at the end, and was moved to tears. Thank you.

I also have some happy news to advise, I have signed a contract as a writer for Studio 51 as a result of attending the 2011 & 2012 Taxi Road Rally, and working hard on fine-tuning my music in the interim. I must say thank you for this Michael also, as this would not have happened if it were not for TAXI and your excellent Road Rally extravaganzas. I cannot say enough thank yous in this comment, but you have turned my musical life around from this island in the middle of the ocean:) You are a good person, and I think you sincerely try to help songwriters on a global level to realize their dreams, thank you for helping me realize mine, much appreciation always.

Marina Stehle :)