Whaddaya Think?

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

dada
Active
Active

Whaddaya Think?

Post by dada » Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:36 am

I posted on new tune of mine on my Soundclick Site called "Part of Me"... I wrote the lyrics with the passing of my father in mind 3 years ago... I'm pretty happy with the tune in general, but have worn out my ears on it and would appreciate any thoughts on it from anyone willing to take a listen...http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus ... hanks,Dave

superflux
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Whaddaya Think?

Post by superflux » Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:47 am

It may just be a stylistic thing - and I have to admit ignorance in this style - but it sounds to me like some of the note choices you're making in the melody of the verses doesn't mesh with the instrumental accompaniment.The playing and production sound great.Steve

dada
Active
Active

Re: Whaddaya Think?

Post by dada » Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:32 am

Superflux,Thanks for the listen... I think in the beginning verse I am little flat on some notes and the timing may be a tad questionable which throws you one way or another... Myself after listening over and over starting picking this up.. I found at low volumes, if you can't hear the bass notes contrast against the melody line, it defintiely sounds worse...It is a little strange melody too, which is where my patience left off at the moment..Good ear and thanks for the listen..Dave