What does it sound like?

Songwriting, songwriters, etc

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ernstinen
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: What does it sound like?

Post by ernstinen » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:20 pm

Quote:And if you'd put two mics facing each other, always remember to flip the phase switch on one of them, unless you want the NO PIANO sound if ever played back in mono... Good point. Same goes for using 2 mics on the front and back of a guitar combo amp. BIG sound or NO sound (in mono) --- your choice! Ern

jeffe
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by jeffe » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:38 pm

Well I'm going to be trying these things out. Once I get a few other compositions out of the way.
It's been said that I have Murderous eyes.

kouly
Impressive
Impressive

Post by kouly » Thu May 10, 2007 3:18 am

I would hope the piano was real, if your playing imaginary pianos you might have to start taking the same meds they gave me for playing those imaginary guitars. Oh sure, now they call them "air" guitars and it is acceptable. Of course the screener might have meant better suited, like in a better suit. I am not sure how you would dress up your composition. To find a suit to fit the piano you will probably have to go to one of those "Portly and Large" stores. In the end it would probably be easier to put the suit on the mic, but don't put it up against the piano to close or you will probably be hit up with one of those sexual harassment lawsuits. Then again, one of those law suits might just be pretty spiffy!