What's Your Dream?

Yep. Drop your super cool ego and beg for fans!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

liamkelly
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: What's Your Dream?

Post by liamkelly » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:17 pm

Well the music dream is just to get a piece of music in a public, commercial domain where someone has paid a few pennies for it.Just to know, that after all these years of songwriting, someone had a small place for one of my songs.

walter327
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by walter327 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:07 am

For my mom to hear some of my songs take off. She worries so much about us, even told me she hasn't been sleeping well due to fretting my medical woes, and I want her to know we're gonna be okay (and I know we can be okay w/out that. But, it's MY dream ). Plus, I want to know my wifey's gonna be okay if anything happens to me.
I shall wipe every tear from their eyes....

gstockton

Post by gstockton » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:14 am

I'd love to have someone record one of my songs and hear it played on the radio, that's a wonderful dream. I'd also love to be able to devote all of my time to this passion, to make it my life's work. It's the only thing I do that brings self confidence and a sense of accomplishment these days. Some day I'd love to be able to work with other artists, to be a working songwriter, now that's a dream.

squidlips
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by squidlips » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:32 am

Well, I'd like a shot at living a bit longer so I can watch my babies finish growing. I hope I get that.......my breast cancer stats are slipping the closer I get to my 10 year anniversary. Meantime, I guess getting my stuff out there somewhere would be good (CSI is a big dream of mine too!).....I'd like to hear something of mine on HBO. And who the heck wouldn't wanna be heard on Oprah?I'd also like to learn not to worry so much about singing in the studio. I need to re-read the Artist's Way! LOL Oh, I hafta finish my degree too. I forgot about that, conveniently. Hope

gunner

Post by gunner » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:19 pm

Dreams really are what keeps up sane..isnt it???...lolHmmmm...this is a very hard decision on what dream i have.....there are sooo many.......but if it came down to one...it would have to be....I want the answer to everything!!!just kidding......A RECORD DEAL!!!!!!...so i too can have my house on an episode of cribs!!!....NOT!!!!But seriously folks.....My honest dream would be to have my music discovered and be able to play music for a living!!

oneson

Post by oneson » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:22 am

My dream musically is for more listeners for my project The Voice: From Bama 2 Baghdad because I feel the music will do the rest. www.onesononeson.com One Son

johnnydean1
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johnnydean1 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:43 am

To get some sleep.

bluezcruizer

Post by bluezcruizer » Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:42 am

to make a living by making music. gigging, session work, composing and selling licenses, and whatever other method I can find. I don't have to be the next best thing next to sliced bread with all the fame and fortune; I just want to make a living at it....don't get me wrong; I still want to always strive to be better. That's my dream.Thanks for asking, Hummingbird. What's yours?bluezcruizer

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:10 pm

Quote:to make a living by making music. gigging, session work, composing and selling licenses, and whatever other method I can find. I don't have to be the next best thing next to sliced bread with all the fame and fortune; I just want to make a living at it....don't get me wrong; I still want to always strive to be better. That's my dream.Thanks for asking, Hummingbird. What's yours?bluezcruizerCool!! I was actually thinking today of posting notes to myself ... saying "You can do it!" "Persistence makes progress!" and "Never give up" on the bathroom mirror & the closet door and the coffee grinder. Keep on walking your path, bluezcruizer!What's my dream? What I'm doing now. But I also want to strive to be better... so I'm taking voice lessons, and struggling to learn how to produce music better... & taking courses in songwriting... and practicing guitar... while I write music that moves me & hope that it has merit. And... Hey - I'm back from the wilds of British Columbia. Anybody miss me?
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:13 pm

Quote:Oh, and I wish I had some kind of singing voice. Find a great, patient singing teacher & do the work -- just about everyone can sing to some extent, if they get the right kind of support & allow the process
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website