What's Your Dream?

Yep. Drop your super cool ego and beg for fans!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

What's Your Dream?

Post by hummingbird » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:31 am

"What's your dream? Some dreams come true, some don't; but keep on dreamin." ('Happy Man', "Pretty Woman")In this week's podcast, I ponder my dreams and why I dream them. I talk about "The Artist's Way" by Julia Cameron. How doing the tasks in that book moved me forward. How that book helped me realize my thinking was too limited, and too much affected by the past. How my dreams have progressed as I grow in awareness and conscious living.Flying Dreams...http://www.podshow.com/shows/?mode=deta ... e_id=65808
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: What's Your Dream?

Post by jchitty » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:26 pm

Well, I could first answer your post by asking myself, 'would I be happy without my dream?' Sure, I have a good life....if nothing ever changed, that would be fine. I have my songs that I can play on my guitar....I enjoy just sitting on my front porch and singing. But since we're talking the stuff of dreams....mine is to have a hit song on commercial country radio.....I just want to see if I can achieve that.....right now, it appears it would be easier to fly to the moon! They don't call 'em the high bar listings for nothing. I get so discouraged sometimes....yeah, I can pitch to other listings, but I want this particular 'piece of chocolate' and ain't nothing else gonna satisfy. I've never worked so hard in my life too, pitching, writing, re-writing, ah, the road is long.

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:19 am

I have bigger dreams but for whatever reason, if I were to have music in an an episode of CSI, that would make me happy for life.

andreh
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by andreh » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:22 am

Quote:I have bigger dreams but for whatever reason, if I were to have music in an an episode of CSI, that would make me happy for life. I bet you would've said the same thing about Oprah before you got your stufff on her show...and now look at you! Never satisfied! Andre
The greatest risk in life is risking nothing.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:42 am

I have some musical dreams... I guess one simple one is to go to a movie and hear my song playing in it... or to watch an episode of a show like ER or Grey's Anatomy and hear my song... Another is for an artist to have a major radio hit with one of my songs...I know these are all big dreams and I am grounded in reality... But one should never lose the dreams Casey

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:01 pm

Quote:Quote:I have bigger dreams but for whatever reason, if I were to have music in an an episode of CSI, that would make me happy for life. I bet you would've said the same thing about Oprah before you got your stufff on her show...and now look at you! Never satisfied! It used to be that no one said "WOW! Oprah has the coolest music I've ever heard". Of course now that's all changed. I just want to make a difference in the world of CSI music as well.

onoffon
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by onoffon » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:36 pm

I've just taken another step toward one of my dreams... I'll be posting it on my ONOFFON thread in a minute...Of course, you all pretty much know all my dreams, I wear my heart on my sleeve, so to speak...

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:40 am

Hey.... thanks for sharing!! Maybe for next week's podcast I'll talk about staying inspired on the path to your dream Having good friends is one element
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

dgolding
Impressive
Impressive

Post by dgolding » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:33 pm

Putting aside the ones involving Sandra Bullock, Julia Roberts and some whipped cream, I guess a Grammy would look nice above the fireplace.Failing that, I guess I would like to be able to earn a living just from music, instead of trying to fit music in between work, life, dirty dishes, etc.Oh, and I wish I had some kind of singing voice.
It's a fine line between a thick soup and stew.

walter327
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by walter327 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:07 am

For my mom to hear some of my songs take off. She worries so much about us, even told me she hasn't been sleeping well due to fretting my medical woes, and I want her to know we're gonna be okay (and I know we can be okay w/out that. But, it's MY dream ). Plus, I want to know my wifey's gonna be okay if anything happens to me.
I shall wipe every tear from their eyes....