Which do you prefer?

Songwriting, songwriters, etc

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

AnthonyCeseri
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Which do you prefer?

Post by AnthonyCeseri » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:23 am

When writing a song, do you prefer writing a song with a chorus, (like an ABABCB format) or one without a chorus that uses a refrain (like an AABA song)?

I find myself typically writing choruses, but I think it's good to change things up when you write. Helps you grow as a writer :)

KIRBIE
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Which do you prefer?

Post by KIRBIE » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:31 pm

I totally agree with you! Listening to popular music, I notice that the ABABCB is used all of the time. Not like there's anything wrong with it, but man! Gotta mix it up. I've kept that in mind when writing new music, because a good amount of the songs on my CD have the ABABCB form. I'm excited to make some changes. Perhaps I've realized this more because I've completed my music theory courses haha

AnthonyCeseri
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Which do you prefer?

Post by AnthonyCeseri » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:42 am

KIRBIE wrote:I totally agree with you! Listening to popular music, I notice that the ABABCB is used all of the time. Not like there's anything wrong with it, but man! Gotta mix it up. I've kept that in mind when writing new music, because a good amount of the songs on my CD have the ABABCB form. I'm excited to make some changes. Perhaps I've realized this more because I've completed my music theory courses haha
Yeah, definitely. I'm in the same boat as you. When I attempt to write a song other than that form it tends to be an effort.... but that's not a bad thing :)