Yeehaw....

Yep. Drop your super cool ego and beg for fans!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: Yeehaw....

Post by Casey H » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:15 pm

Quote:Question to ask....if anyone here has the name of an entertainment attorney in Nashville, pass me a PM if you can. Really doesn't have to be in Nashville, just a well qualified music attorney. I might lean away from using a Nashville attorney, just to make sure you are not dealing with anyone who is in a "good ol' boys club" with song pluggers. I guess you could make the case that you need someone who is very familiar with Nashville pitching and practices and hence an attorney in Nashville-but (JMHO) there should be plenty of those in other states. Anyone who pitches to Nashville have any comments? Casey

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jchitty » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:30 pm

Quote:Quote:Question to ask....if anyone here has the name of an entertainment attorney in Nashville, pass me a PM if you can. Really doesn't have to be in Nashville, just a well qualified music attorney. I might lean away from using a Nashville attorney, just to make sure you are not dealing with anyone who is in a "good ol' boys club" with song pluggers. I guess you could make the case that you need someone who is very familiar with Nashville pitching and practices and hence an attorney in Nashville-but (JMHO) there should be plenty of those in other states. Anyone who pitches to Nashville have any comments? CaseyHmmm, you have a point....there may be a potential conflict of interest there. Thanks, Case! I knew you'd be of help.

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:48 pm

Quote:Quote:Really doesn't have to be in Nashville, just a well qualified music attorney. I might lean away from using a Nashville attorney, just to make sure you are not dealing with anyone who is in a "good ol' boys club" with song pluggers. I guess you could make the case that you need someone who is very familiar with Nashville pitching and practices and hence an attorney in Nashville-but (JMHO) there should be plenty of those in other states. Anyone who pitches to Nashville have any comments? CaseyHmmm, you have a point....there may be a potential conflict of interest there. Thanks, Case! I knew you'd be of help. On the other hand, why wouldn't a lawyer with Nashville connections be an advantage?Just asking...

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jchitty » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:57 pm

Quote:Quote:Hmmm, you have a point....there may be a potential conflict of interest there. Thanks, Case! I knew you'd be of help. On the other hand, why wouldn't a lawyer with Nashville connections be an advantage?Just asking...Sorry man, but it's hard for me to debate that point with you when that cute little boy pic is staring at me....brings out the protective mother response in me.

crs7string
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by crs7string » Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:52 pm

Any and every attorney is required as part of the profession to disclose any conflicts of interest.Chuck
http://www.TAXI.com/crs7string

"Don't give me time, give me a deadline". Duke Ellington

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:55 pm

Quote:Any and every attorney is required as part of the profession to disclose any conflicts of interest.Chuckand if you believe they follow this rule...steve

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:57 pm

Quote:Quote:On the other hand, why wouldn't a lawyer with Nashville connections be an advantage?Just asking...Sorry man, but it's hard for me to debate that point with you when that cute little boy pic is staring at me....brings out the protective mother response in me. I wasn't looking to debate at all, only to learn. You're doing something I hope to eventually do, remember? (selling songs)Did you prefer the bald goofy pic, or that fat guy playing hammond? And when will we get to see your purty face Chits?

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:18 pm

Well, I could be all wet on this one especially as a Nashville outsider. I welcome thoughts from others. My gut feeling is that Nashville is a tight-nit world and there is a small chance that some Nashville music attorneys might be a little to close to some Nashville song pluggers. I'm probably being paranoid and as I said in my earlier post, could someone who knows the ways of Nashville be better suited for this? Could be... What really matters is that a qualified music attorney look over the contract and it is not REQUIRED that the person be from Nashville. Happy fixin' to do some pitchin', Chits... Casey

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:29 pm

Quote:Three of my songs were accepted by a professional songplugger in Nashville....I'm very excited. This person is very legit, (no shark, I promise, they don't accept what they don't want to plug) so I am hopeful...one of those songs accepted was New Girl In New York City, the one fowarded by TAXI. The other two songs are "I Wiped the Dust Off My Good Shoes" and "Old Lem Jones." I will continue to use TAXI's services as well....I look at it this way, I'm working all angles. I gotta post this somewhere, I'm dancing up and down....yeah, it's a shameless plug, hehe.http://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home.p ... id=2572Hey congrats!!!!!!!! Good for you - let us know how it goes, okay?hugsHummin'bird
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

allends
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by allends » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:46 pm

That's great Chits! Someone loves your stuff enough to pound the pavement for ya!Woohoo!