Anthemic Orchestral Hybrid

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

crashgates
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Anthemic Orchestral Hybrid

Post by crashgates » Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:23 pm

Last edited by crashgates on Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:54 am, edited 3 times in total.

KennyWayneBuffalo
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by KennyWayneBuffalo » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:35 am

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:41 pm
KennyWayneBuffalo wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:15 am

A cursory glance is probably not going to cut it unless you're already great at it , in which case you probably wouldn't need to join Taxi.

I can spend up to half an hour just analyzing one reference track, writing it all out on a cheat sheet. The blueprint is there - it's a case of reverse engineering it.
I'm obviously not great at it, I just don't have that much time to work on this so I wanted to put the time I have into writing the music, but that isn't working. It takes me about a week or so to write most tracks, and we aren't given a lot of lead time on a lot of these listings. I have been analyzing what seems to come around more often so I could try to build up some tracks in those genres. I am really a bassist/guitarist, I just got the orchestral library a few months ago and will need to learn more about using it. And I just thought it would be a good idea to try the "whole experience" out here by writing and submitting some tracks so I can learn the process. Very helpful info, thanks people.
Ken

KennyWayneBuffalo
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by KennyWayneBuffalo » Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:10 pm

CTWF wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:26 pm
Yeah, it has more of a pop feel to it than epic orchestral.

Anyhow, not that it matters, but here is what I just submitted for that listing: https://soundcloud.com/ctwf/sport-natio ... KYTHlTzbBB

Meaning: That was my vision of epic/anthemic orchestral in this case. :) Something that sounds more like a full orchestra.

Tom
That sounds good, almost has a Bolero feel to it. I spent my "music time" the last couple of mornings watching youtube videos on how to make MIDI sound more realistic. It sounds like you are using some of those techniques. I just feel like I'm chasing after a bus I missed. It's may be better just to put some tracks together that I can do a good job with and wait for the right listing to come around.
Ken

Skylarvj

Post by Skylarvj » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:33 am

KennyWayneBuffalo wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:10 pm

. I just feel like I'm chasing after a bus I missed. It's may be better just to put some tracks together that I can do a good job with and wait for the right listing to come around.
I'm not sure if that's entirely true. I think if you have a strong interest in composition/music production then it's very much worth your time to continue practicing and learning the art of midi. I don't see midi going anywhere so there is still time to hop on the bus. Now writing music you're more comfortable with while learning midi is not a bad idea. That'll keep the process fun, because I admit it can get frustrating sometimes.

KennyWayneBuffalo
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by KennyWayneBuffalo » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:59 am

Skylarvj wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:33 am
KennyWayneBuffalo wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:10 pm

. I just feel like I'm chasing after a bus I missed. It's may be better just to put some tracks together that I can do a good job with and wait for the right listing to come around.
I'm not sure if that's entirely true. I think if you have a strong interest in composition/music production then it's very much worth your time to continue practicing and learning the art of midi. I don't see midi going anywhere so there is still time to hop on the bus. Now writing music you're more comfortable with while learning midi is not a bad idea. That'll keep the process fun, because I admit it can get frustrating sometimes.
The missed bus reference was about me trying to get a track written, arranged and high enough quality for a listing in a week or two. I have been writing faster and in genres I have never worked in before since I joined TAXI a little over six months ago. I have been a musician for close to fifty years, not giving up now, but definitely still learning a lot of new stuff. I have watched several tutorial videos that are speeding up my work. I'm pretty much self-taught as a musician and in recording/production. I don't have a MIDI controller, so I'm drawing in all the notes with a mouse. Right now I'm just trying to put together a process that will work.
Ken

crashgates
Impressive
Impressive

Post by crashgates » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:57 am

Last edited by crashgates on Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Skylarvj

Post by Skylarvj » Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:30 pm

Oh man, I would definitely recommend buying a midi controller. If I had to draw my midi by hand I would have missed the bus on purpose. Although, it does work out for some people. I watched DeadMau5's masterclass and he draws his midi by hand.

Zaychi
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by Zaychi » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:30 pm

CTWF wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:31 pm
I do all MIDI by hand. :)
Me too! And we have tons of forwards, right Tom?

KennyWayneBuffalo
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by KennyWayneBuffalo » Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:05 pm

I’m open to a controller, but I don’t play keys all that well. I was considering one of those Nektar units. I’m not up to speed on all the software I have acquired over the past several months. I got the IK Studio Max which is a huge amount of stuff that took almost a week to download. And I upgraded from Cubase Elements to Artist, so a lot to digest. But I am developing a system of starting simple four bar sections and reusing them as I get more complex. And I am tracking my reviews so I can use or rework tracks using their advice.
Ken

crashgates
Impressive
Impressive

Post by crashgates » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:17 pm

Last edited by crashgates on Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.