Anthemic Orchestral Hybrid

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

KennyWayneBuffalo
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Anthemic Orchestral Hybrid

Post by KennyWayneBuffalo » Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:30 pm

Hey crew, let me know your thoughts on this if you have the time. Thanks.

https://soundcloud.com/ken-vis/day-of-battle

ANTHEMIC ORCHESTRAL or ORCHESTRAL HYBRID INSTRUMENTALS are needed by an excellent Music Library for a variety of Sports-related placements on multiple Major Sports Broadcast Networks!

This Library is searching for Mid-to-Up-Tempo Instrumentals in the general stylistic ballpark of the following references:

"Formula 1 Theme" by Brian Tyler

"NFL on Fox Theme"

Please submit epic Instrumentals that could amplify the mood and energy of sports-related content. Your submission should have solid rhythms, engaging melodies, and top-notch arrangements. Straight Orchestral pieces or hybrids that combine Orchestral instrumentation with Electronic, Rock, or Hip-Hop elements are both okay to submit for this request. Whichever approach you decide to take, your production and any software sounds or samples you use should be top-notch and modern.

TAXI Tip: Please be sure any Orchestral instrumentation you use sounds realistic and convincing. Anything that sounds unnatural, synthetic, or obviously MIDI-driven won’t work for this request.

Your submissions should be about 2 to 3 minutes in length, give or take. Non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings will work best for this request. Do NOT copy the referenced examples in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed.
Last edited by KennyWayneBuffalo on Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ken

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Anthemic Orchestral Hybrid

Post by AlanHall » Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:11 pm

Hey Kenny,
with "my/artist" in the link path, only you can access the music. The rest of us need to click on a link that contains your specific member info. It will like be "members/Kenny<something>" as you go to your member page and click on "view public profile"

KennyWayneBuffalo
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by KennyWayneBuffalo » Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:26 pm

AlanHall wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:11 pm
Hey Kenny,
with "my/artist" in the link path, only you can access the music. The rest of us need to click on a link that contains your specific member info. It will like be "members/Kenny<something>" as you go to your member page and click on "view public profile"
oh, sorry. And here I was proud that I was able to post that link. I tried the public profile and I got the same link, so I just went with a link to SoundCloud. Hopefully that will work. Thanks.
Ken

Skylarvj

Post by Skylarvj » Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:37 pm

Comparing it to the references, It's not epic enough yet. I would layer those horns. Maybe double it with the string section. Add some more bass or low brass. Pretend your cue is going to be played in the stadium of the Super Bowl to pump up the audience. I believe that's the epic feel they are asking for.

KennyWayneBuffalo
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by KennyWayneBuffalo » Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:37 am

Skylarvj wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:37 pm
Comparing it to the references, It's not epic enough yet. I would layer those horns. Maybe double it with the string section. Add some more bass or low brass. Pretend your cue is going to be played in the stadium of the Super Bowl to pump up the audience. I believe that's the epic feel they are asking for.
Thanks for the input, but I don't have time to do much more with it, so I will double the trumpets with some offset, saturation and another reverb and see where it lands. Since you didn't say anything about being too repetitive or the arc needed work I will assume those things are good.
Ken

JuanMacias
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by JuanMacias » Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:43 am

Hey Ken!

I agree with Skylarvj; It doesn't sounds anthemic compered to the references. Maybe if you layer it more it could work. but i think it could be better if you can write a stronger melodic motive and develop through the track. Also i think the percussion in your track doesn't sound strong enough compered to the references. so you need to layer more to make it sound bombastic.

Juan

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:05 am

Hi Ken

Sorry but I listened to the ref tracks and your track sounds nothing like them to me. it reminds me more of something from a 90s computer game than a modern Anthemic Orchestral Hybrid track.

The first hurdle you would need to get over is the sounds you are using, They come over very midi like and dated.

This listing says :

"Please be sure any Orchestral instrumentation you use sounds realistic and convincing. Anything that sounds unnatural, synthetic, or obviously MIDI-driven won’t work for this request."

What you have given them is exactly what they said they don't want. Hopefully you can hear the difference, obviously we can't have access to real orchestras but there are some great sample libraries that can get us close along with some good arrangement and production skills.

Mark

roguenoisemachine
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by roguenoisemachine » Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:11 am

Hi Ken,

I like the motif and arrangement. It's a good track, musically, but I have to agree with Mark. The synth sounds feel outdated to me.

You also need the percussion to be way more epic. This does feel more "computerized" and like you could pitch it for game soundtracks or indie films that need something quirky.

That being said, keep on trucking. Just my thoughts :)

KennyWayneBuffalo
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by KennyWayneBuffalo » Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:15 am

Thanks guys, I am out of time to do those things, so at least you saved me $5! I hear the consensus, so I may be able to build it up for the next time the listing comes around. I'm trying to use the feedback I receive to work out the problems with my tracks. I will admit that I usually just give a cursory listen to the reference tracks, and that is something I need to change too. On to the next one!
Ken

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:41 pm

KennyWayneBuffalo wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:15 am

A cursory glance is probably not going to cut it unless you're already great at it , in which case you probably wouldn't need to join Taxi.

I can spend up to half an hour just analyzing one reference track, writing it all out on a cheat sheet. The blueprint is there - it's a case of reverse engineering it.