Country Music Listing Confusion....?!

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ddusty
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Country Music Listing Confusion....?!

Post by ddusty » Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:27 am

Quote:Here's to a proper stew. Just bustin' chops, normally I wouldn't have bothered, but the original Hot Rod Lincoln is a favorite of mine. the lead guitar player for Charlie Ryan was Wallace Pulley, and although I never got to meet him, he is still my father in law!Rob

ddusty
Impressive
Impressive

Post by ddusty » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:37 am

An unthinkable amount of pictures were lost in a house fire many years ago including photo's with Les Paul and Leo Fender. The guitars were in there too It's a shame, but we do have a couple of pictures left.Yes, boogie head is the same in both versions, and that's what Wallace played. I wish i could have had the chance to pick his brain... alas, I sure am grateful for his daughter though! Rob

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:59 am

Quote:You're wrong, but then again, as proven by most of your posts, you tend to make statements that aren't based in fact. TAXI has gotten some deals for its members in Nashville. Here's two that I know of: Kenny Roger's song, "Buy Me a Rose" was submitted by two TAXI members, and it became a number 1 hit.Also, Eliott Park got a songwriting deal through TAXI....and this eventually resulted in the song "I Loved Her First" getting released in Nashville. This was also a number 1 hit on the Country Billboard charts (and radio stations) in 2006.I never understand the need that these people have to try to "prove" to anyone that'll listen that Taxi doesn't work when in fact there's Taxi deals out the wazoo. "What's in it for them?" I have to ask myself... why is it so important that they feel the need to "convince" everyone else?Maybe if it doesn't work for them they feel the need to create a scenerio whereby they hold themselves blameless... "It's not my music... it's that Taxi is a scam". Or before even trying, set up a built in excuse in case is doesn't work for them. Of course then there's the "hint" that they're the only ones smart enough to see through the scam... the rest of us are just a bunch of duped dopes. I'll admit it... I got duped into having my music appearing on network television every week because of Taxi. DavePS - What is the reply going to be (regarding "A Taxi member has never had a #1 Country hit through the Taxi process) now that you've pointed out that there have been not one but two #1 Country hits directly as a result of Taxi? Better not mention other genres like the guys that now write music for Disney, including tracks in "High School Musical" along with the legions of film/tv placements for "the rest of us".

squidlips
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by squidlips » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:09 am

Quote: Whether Avril is punk is debatable, but not knowing, or giving a rat's a** about, who Joe Strummer Or Sid Vicious are is the essence of punk. I think they would be proud of her...I played punk and loved it for many years. So everyone here can kiss my lil pink pom poms (go PUNK!) when I agree with matto on this. As for JNash.......Come to Jesus, swee'pea. Ever heard of the Great Derangement? If you paid a bit of attention to real history, you'd know why Canadians are so important to the South. You goin' around writing songs (I'm gonna graciously assume you makin' a livin' at it) and you tryin' ta come across as a victim. Quit witcho bad se'f. It's jes embarrassin'.And don't even attempt to bust my chops about where I come from. My mama's family was sharecroppin' up by Meridian MS before your grandaddy ever showed his face on this planet. They ate weeds to survive. So what? I'm here because of what they did, so I'd have a chance to do better, not hold it against the rest of the country. Cosmopolitan? Sometimes. I like Bird and Miles Davis a lot. People often confuse Southerners by glancing at their covers without reading the book. You helpin' their cause an awful lot here and I don't appreciate it. Thanks for makin' my life harder. Take your roadkillin', bad-meat-eatin', crappy-boot wearin' self somewhere else. I don't mind you crankin' on and on and ON about what you feel is wrong with country (anyone ever tell you how boring that is, to borrow from my northern neighbors by bein' blunt?) but don't insult me and mine.You don't like country right now? Hell, I couldn't stand music in the 80s. Big deal. It's a marketing phase. Stop listening to the dang radio and feel good that you're making a statement by boycotting. Otherwise, fill yo head with trash and guess what comes out........get what I'm sayin'?C'mon now, le's have some o dat stew.

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jchitty » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:25 am

Quote:Quote:You're wrong, but then again, as proven by most of your posts, you tend to make statements that aren't based in fact. TAXI has gotten some deals for its members in Nashville. Here's two that I know of: Kenny Roger's song, "Buy Me a Rose" was submitted by two TAXI members, and it became a number 1 hit.Also, Eliott Park got a songwriting deal through TAXI....and this eventually resulted in the song "I Loved Her First" getting released in Nashville. This was also a number 1 hit on the Country Billboard charts (and radio stations) in 2006.I never understand the need that these people have to try to "prove" to anyone that'll listen that Taxi doesn't work when in fact there's Taxi deals out the wazoo. "What's in it for them?" I have to ask myself... why is it so important that they feel the need to "convince" everyone else?Maybe if it doesn't work for them they feel the need to create a scenerio whereby they hold themselves blameless... "It's not my music... it's that Taxi is a scam". Or before even trying, set up a built in excuse in case is doesn't work for them. Of course then there's the "hint" that they're the only ones smart enough to see through the scam... the rest of us are just a bunch of duped dopes. I'll admit it... I got duped into having my music appearing on network television every week because of Taxi. DavePS - What is the reply going to be (regarding "A Taxi member has never had a #1 Country hit through the Taxi process) now that you've pointed out that there have been not one but two #1 Country hits directly as a result of Taxi? Better not mention other genres like the guys that now write music for Disney, including tracks in "High School Musical" along with the legions of film/tv placements for "the rest of us". Good points all around, Dave. One other thing I find ironic....Jimmynashville keeps lamenting over all those outside influences that are 'ruining country music in Nashville.'According to him, all the California folks (in his own words in previous posts) are moving to Nashville and destroying the South as we know it. Yet, what vehicle does he choose to PITCH HIS MUSIC? You guessed it, TAXI.....of course, an L. A. based organization. That sounds hypocritical to me. So maybe Jimmy isn't a man of 'Suthern' convictions afterall.

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:30 am

Wow. I hope Jimmykins comes back just so we have a great target. Nice to see you gals (& men) giving him "what for." He's got it coming.

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jchitty » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:52 am

Quote:Quote: Whether Avril is punk is debatable, but not knowing, or giving a rat's a** about, who Joe Strummer Or Sid Vicious are is the essence of punk. I think they would be proud of her...I played punk and loved it for many years. So everyone here can kiss my lil pink pom poms (go PUNK!) when I agree with matto on this. As for JNash.......Come to Jesus, swee'pea. Ever heard of the Great Derangement? If you paid a bit of attention to real history, you'd know why Canadians are so important to the South. You goin' around writing songs (I'm gonna graciously assume you makin' a livin' at it) and you tryin' ta come across as a victim. Quit witcho bad se'f. It's jes embarrassin'.And don't even attempt to bust my chops about where I come from. My mama's family was sharecroppin' up by Meridian MS before your grandaddy ever showed his face on this planet. They ate weeds to survive. So what? I'm here because of what they did, so I'd have a chance to do better, not hold it against the rest of the country. Cosmopolitan? Sometimes. I like Bird and Miles Davis a lot. People often confuse Southerners by glancing at their covers without reading the book. You helpin' their cause an awful lot here and I don't appreciate it. Thanks for makin' my life harder. Take your roadkillin', bad-meat-eatin', crappy-boot wearin' self somewhere else. I don't mind you crankin' on and on and ON about what you feel is wrong with country (anyone ever tell you how boring that is, to borrow from my northern neighbors by bein' blunt?) but don't insult me and mine.You don't like country right now? Hell, I couldn't stand music in the 80s. Big deal. It's a marketing phase. Stop listening to the dang radio and feel good that you're making a statement by boycotting. Otherwise, fill yo head with trash and guess what comes out........get what I'm sayin'?C'mon now, le's have some o dat stew. Excellent post, Squid. I believe Jimmy does more damage to Southerners than any 'outside influences' ever could.I don't mind him pointing out what's wrong with country music either....but in the process, he's not helping any Southerner who truly loves the South and invite others to see what a wonderful place it truly is. He's just fueling old stereotypes.

squidlips
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by squidlips » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:56 am

Amen. The South is a great place to live, to raise a family and if we're lucky, to write music. He's not only fueling old stereotypes, he IS an old stereotype. I thought we were movin' on from there. I suppose next someone's gonna come on and talk about lynchin'. Sheesh. Whole thing makes me tired. And embarrassed.