Hello Taxi Riders. I need FANS BAD.

Yep. Drop your super cool ego and beg for fans!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

johnnydean1
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Hello Taxi Riders. I need FANS BAD.

Post by johnnydean1 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:54 am

Quote:liamkelly?I never thought/felt there was any emotions of tension stirring.I totally honestly appreciated your post. But, I'm joking and serious at the same time by saying johnnydean1 is right "Change your medication!"I change mine often. Sometimes we conform to the meds, and then it has no affect on how we see things, until the BIG ONE, then it's too late. we need to evaluate our standards often, at all cost (even inconvenience to our self).I don't think this (below) would really affect you, if you are NOT Trying to doa ministry of the Gospel on a serious level, or seriously called or maybe forced, by God (I know the free will thing, this is different) in spreading the word to help others know Christ. But on the other hand, if you are a believer in Christ (whom I feel is God in the flesh) remember to tell the atheist, Jesus Lives, other than that. make sure the atheist is following your steps, and you, not his steps.bottom line: it's like someone not believing in your dad or in you, but you're allowing that person to guide your steps (not to wise. again being on 1 accord is the 2nd important teaching, believing is the 1st)Anyway:I been through a similar statement about 7 years ago.this just sticks in my mind almost 40% of the time each year.I played bass for a gospel quartet group for a few years.The guys always sing about God this and Jesus That,One day I found out that 80% of them maybe more, were not living the talk.(ignorance is honored by God, and becomes bliss to the ignorant.)So one day I needed to know where we stood spiritually.well I was very much spiritually disrespected, so I decided the group was not for me. anyway one of the singers said something seeming so disrespectful to me,by saying something about my God. I did not hear what he said.but the manager of the group heard and ran out to me as I was leaving the group.and he said....."Jaxsn, I apologize for what "that singer" said, it was uncalled for."I said "I did not hear what he said, so it does not matter to me."The manager said "jax don't take this so serious, you are apostolic, fine.In this group I don't care if you are apostolic, baptist, etc (he said other doctrines),or atheist"I said "WHOA, atheist? how can you let a non God believer sing aboutthe greatness of the same God that we are singing about, if he doesn't evenbelieve?""he said it does not matter, as long as we are singing."I left the group that night (this all happened at night, during rehearsal)well not to put a damper on this message, I'll just say.all within two month time,the guy who made the remark, i did not hear: got hit by a car, lost 50% of his intestines, lost a leg, etc.the manager got pancreas cancer (amazingly, he survived. but is no longer in the group)one singer's wife left him, he lost his job, and house.Another singer tried for the past 4 years to keep the group going, without adjusting it's spiritual values. Every gig has been an embarrassment to how the quality was in the group.people will not hire him.another singer's wife took ill, the he did a few month after, but they are doing finenow.my point is?I'm just letting you know some of what I've been through and seen spiritually.and to anyone who read my post about this Bible/God-Jesus thing, you will see why I know it's all real.I can go so deep but it's not the time, in my life. I need a break from the Christiansin my inner circle, many do not want to act right, so know that my post is NOT AN ATTACK. like I said my own people need help and strength. this is why we must know for our self and make sure no one craftily lead us off track.if we have any knowledge of knowing a little about Christ.anyway one Last thing I can say:the more you study and depend on Jesusthe Worst and Better your life is.Honestly, I feel the Worst is because, Humans have the hardest timebeing nice to each other (I still blame Adam for that, baddy, bad - L.O.L.)PS:I know I only been on taxi a short while but I do find it strange and amazingthese Christian listings (there are a lot of them). maybe it's commonPSS: i really find it funny the I type very long responses. I hate typing with a passion.And still the fighting goes on Seconds out!!!!Round 3.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:20 am

Quote: all within two month time,[one guy] got hit by a car, lost 50% of his intestines, lost a leg, etc.[another] got pancreas cancer... one [guy's] wife left him, he lost his job, and house.[another's] wife took illAnd if you don't make 10 copies of this post and send it to 10 people you know....(I know I'm going to regret this post, but I couldn't resist )

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:45 am

Quote: All we think we know about JD, is that he's a bassist. JD, the enigma that he/she is, probably has reasons for keeping his indentity and music private. OMG! Johnny Dean is really Paul McCartney??

clonsberry
Impressive
Impressive

Post by clonsberry » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:49 am

Quote:OMG! Johnny Dean is really Paul McCartney?? The real Paul McCartney? Or the look-alike?

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:28 am

Quote:Quote: All we think we know about JD, is that he's a bassist. JD, the enigma that he/she is, probably has reasons for keeping his indentity and music private. OMG! Johnny Dean is really Paul McCartney?? I've revised my theory on a hunch. JD1 may well be Pee-Wee Herman.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:58 pm

Quote: I've revised my theory on a hunch. JD1 may well be Pee-Wee Herman. Could be... I think he got caught playing with his bass in a movie theater.

liamkelly
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by liamkelly » Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:22 pm

Quote:Quote:Hey JaxsnNot picking a fight here at all. Sorry if it came over that way. Was just making a point about how people of different creeds can be and are inspired by the 'Spirit' as they define it.But reading over the thread, I'm not sure what I said has any relevance at all So, apologies from this side. My mind wanders sometimes. In fact, often.LiamLiamChange your medication!JDAs usual, a good idea Why don't I try whatever you're on for a while What is it you're on again?

johnnydean1
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johnnydean1 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:38 pm

Quote:Quote:Change your medication!JDAs usual, a good idea Why don't I try whatever you're on for a while What is it you're on again?I.m on intravenus Guiness and Poteen Patches.Begorra begorra didlee dee didlee dee

liamkelly
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by liamkelly » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:10 pm

Quote:[quote author=liamkelly board=promotion thread=1187751960 post=1190679745]JDAs usual, a good idea Why don't I try whatever you're on for a while What is it you're on again?You should be on an English grammar and spelling course before you consider even pharmacology.Two spelling errors, one capital error and one punctuation error in the first seven words is laughable.But, frankly, your second sentence is the kind of sectarian bullshit that us Irish have been putting up with for way too long now. I suppose if I was black it would be okay for you to call me nigger?Why don't you sit down with your son or daughter or nephew or niece and explain to them in clear terms what you mean by:I.m on intravenus Guiness and Poteen Patches.Begorra begorra didlee dee didlee dee Let them follow whatever example you have decided life has deigned you to preach.Begorra, begorra indeed.

jaxsn
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by jaxsn » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:42 am

-- Politics and ReligionPeople,The older I get, the wiser I get.The best thing, I've, not just learned but, adapted is.. knowing people are different on the surface,and a little on the inside as well, but we still have more in common with each other, than with animals.One thing that we have in common is "common sense"and the ability to have "self control".Please refrain from racist, slander, or putting other's down, due to their ignorance using words of racism, slander, or putting other's down.Just think about this, Maybe they do not know any better for the words they choose to use. So Educate them towards a positive stateof mind."A person's opinion about a subject,is very different from a person's verbal attack towards something that someone can not change about themselves"This is a family site. Family being, "Family of Musicians / Songwriters" too.Please keep the peaceI speak highly of you guys, and I would like to share these post with my parents, niece (11 years old) and nephew (8 years old).Thank You All