Looking For Christian Contemporary Lyricist

Find people to work with!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

augustheat
Impressive
Impressive

Looking For Christian Contemporary Lyricist

Post by augustheat » Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:42 pm

Greetings:I'm currently looking for someone who writes lyrics in the Christian Contemporary format. Just to clarify, I'm really not into the Praise and Worship genre. No offense to those who write P&W, but that's not the direction I'm heading at this time.I'm really looking to write more concept songs; that is, songs with a story or message. I'm into everything from Sara Groves to Rock and Roll Worship Circus; Big Daddy Weave to Chris Tomlin (Yeah, I know he's a worship leader).I've got plenty of tunes, but nothing lyrically to give them life. If you're interested, leave me a private message, or respond here....Blessings,
Craig Larson
August Heat Productions
Apple Valley, MN

augustheat
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Looking For Christian Contemporary Lyricist

Post by augustheat » Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:29 pm

bump
Craig Larson
August Heat Productions
Apple Valley, MN

escarp15

Post by escarp15 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:52 am

Hi Craig, I believe that I have some songs that might interest you. i'm ready to give this a try.Hubert Escarpeta
I AM now a part of your PRESENT

booker
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by booker » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:48 am

Sent you a PM. Hope I can help.

samlyle2006

Post by samlyle2006 » Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:29 pm

Hello August Heat,I have several Contemporary Christian songs to offer. At my web site, http://webpages.acs.ttu.edu/slyle/songwritingx.htm , the first one, Sojourners Prayer, has music already (as do several of these) and has been favored the most but I’m open to new music. Page 3 has a listing of all lyrics for which I haven’t composed music yet.Contemporary Christian songs:Sojourner’s PrayerA memorial to several heroes with something in common.Poco’s SongA poor Mexican chicken farmer sees his ultimate wish.Come On In To The Promised LandWell, come on . . .Life Goes OnSpiritual fortification.When You Look At MeVolunteers mean so much.She CriesA precious little lady cries so deeply. Why?I wrote Thou Art There With Me yesterday. I had hoped to have the music allude to the Sacreds but with modern execution like Nicole C. Mullen has done. Thou Art There With MeIf I take the wings of the morning and dwell far away in the seaEven there shall Thy hand be leading and Thy right hand shall hold onto meIf I ask the darkness to cover me the night shall be made into lightDark hideth not from Thee, O God, but the night shall be shining forth brightWhere shall I go from Thy Spirit? Where shall I flee from Thee?If I should ascend to the heavens Thou art there with meWhere shall I go from Thy Spirit? Where shall I flee from Thee?If I should dwell, make my bed in hell Thou art there, there with meFor Thou own the reins of my heart, O God, and covered me while in the wombI praise Thee for I am wonderfully made from my mother and down to the tombMy substance was not hidden from Thee when I was wrought in the depths of the earthIn Thy book my details were written yet before the day of my birthWhere shall I go from Thy Spirit? Where shall I flee from Thee?If I should ascend to the heavens Thou art there with meWhere shall I go from Thy Spirit? Where shall I flee from Thee?If I should dwell, make my bed in hell Thou art there, there with meSearch me, O God, and know all my heartTry me and see all my anxious thoughtsIf I hate no one just as I sayLead me in Thy everlasting wayWhere shall I go from Thy Spirit? Where shall I flee from Thee?If I should ascend to the heavens Thou art there with meWhere shall I go from Thy Spirit? Where shall I flee from Thee?If I should dwell, make my bed in hell Thou art there, there with mePsalms 139: 7-16, 23, 24Well, tell me what you think.sam

poetforjesus

Post by poetforjesus » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:30 pm

I am a Poetess with hundreds of well written poems that can be arranged to be made into lyrics if done by the right person. All have great messages with lots that can be done to them. You can see some of my work at http://www.poetsforjesus.150m.com Thanks, Cathy Jo

augustheat
Impressive
Impressive

Post by augustheat » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:40 pm

Hey Guys!Sorry, I've been out of the loop the past month or so. Thanks for the responses thus far. While I appreciate each of your lyrical styles, I'm really looking for something more along the lines of the artists I listed in my initial post; something a bit more agressive. I do not mean to offend in any manner, so I hope I haven't stepped on any toes. Good luck with your music ministries!...Blessings,Craig
Craig Larson
August Heat Productions
Apple Valley, MN

samlyle2006

Post by samlyle2006 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:54 pm

August Heat;Sojourner’s Prayer, Come On In To The Promised Land, Poco’s Song (page 1), She Cries (page 4), and all of the checked lyrics on page 3 fit your request.ThanksSam (samlyle2006@yahoo.com)http://www.webpages.ttu.edu/slyle/songwritingx.htm

augustheat
Impressive
Impressive

Post by augustheat » Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:28 pm

Hey Guys! (Crosspost From Lyric Land)Thanks for the replies from everyone. The Christian Contemporary format is a somewhat confusing format, isn't it? While I have heard some pretty cool stuff from TAXI members, a lot of it falls under the Praise and Worship format. Again, nothing wrong with that, as I make part of my living as a freelance drummer for churches doing P&W.Like I said, I'm really hoping to connect with a lyricist who writes along the lines of a Sara Groves. I'm looking for a story teller with a unique style of getting their message across. I also don't mind a somewhat darker or "deep thinking" slant on stuff. I like a lyric that plays a video in my head as I'm reading it. I know....that's what we're all hoping for, right?If you fall in line with that kind of writing style, let's talk...Blessings,
Craig Larson
August Heat Productions
Apple Valley, MN

pitterpatter
Impressive
Impressive

Post by pitterpatter » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:45 am

August Heat:I wish I could help. I write some P&W but I find the lyrics the hardest part of it. It is so hard to come up with anything original to say. Every phrase seems cliche and overused. Then, I try to get clever and tie the words into nature or some similar thing and it still sounds cliche and boring. I don't know why it is so hard to do P&W lyrics but it is. I agree that Sara Groves has a new approach and she has a great voice and has managed to come up with a different approach with her lyrics. However, finding lyrics that are Church worthy and not overdone is more difficult. I'm in the same boat as you struggling with the P&W lyrics. It's all been said and done before. IT's a real talent to find a fresh way to say things in this particular genre. I have managed to come up with a couple of worship songs that are somewhat original sounding. I am working on another praise song and I am very happy with the melody but the lyrics are pretty aweful. The 'dumby' lyrics I first wrote the song with are sticking in my head and I can't seem to get rid of them. It's a struggle for everyone I think. If there is someone out there that is a natural talent at this, they are going to make a pile of money, I predict. Oh please God! Let it be me! lol I'll keep working on it. This thing is not going to beat me. Good luck to you.