What's Your Dream?

Yep. Drop your super cool ego and beg for fans!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

clonsberry
Impressive
Impressive

Re: What's Your Dream?

Post by clonsberry » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:08 am

In reading all the other dreams, it surprises me (I'm not sure why it would) that we seem to have the same dreams.. for the most part. I mean, strikingly similar.It's not my dream to be rich and famous from music. It would be great. But that's not my target for success.I want to be able to make a living at it as well. I can't get enough of writing. I can't take in the education.. from a writing/composing or business perspective.. fast enough. There aren't enough hours in the day. Gotta get rid of the day job. If I can get 6 digits, I'm home. If I can get close to that, we'll negotiate.I want to write with the same depth and skill as Elvis Costello or others who have such a great command of the language and imagery.Have music in animated movies from the company with the mouse. I mean, CSI would be okay, but writing the equivalent of Hakuna Matata?? What does THAT royalty check look like?I'd like to have one of the bands that my kids idolize do one of my songs. (Of course, I'd probably have to write something they would have prayer of doing first. Still working on the mouse)I'd like to get good enough at all of this to apprentice someone else and have something of value to pass down.But my dream for today?.. I'd sure like to get a forward.But in the midst of it all, I want to appreciate the value in the journey itself.

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:07 am

I want to appreciate the value in the journey itself.Words to live by
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

yod
Active
Active

Post by yod » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:51 am

I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony! My dream (this year) is to start a production company that allows writers of worship music to retain their creativity and have a staff that keeps them working...

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:10 am

To find out who Johnny Dean really is...

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by gitarrero » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:47 pm

..my dream..?fortunately I'm currently live my dream I had a couple years ago - I'm financially independent, have lots of time for the music (5 days/week), can try out whatever I want, invest in my own education (musically I'm self-taught), have my songs placed on cds, tv, ringtones etc.so far so good, the journey goes on.currently I'm checking out diffrent fields of the music industry, getting to know them, how they work, chops needed etc. ..and I work on my profile, specializing myself by focusing on my strenghts, writing a business plan.my goal is to do music that I like fulltime and get a good living from it while staying healthy, have a look at my work/life balance and enjoy not only the success but also the journey to my goals.ps: writing a business plan is something I only can sugest to everybody - it just helps a lot to clear out things, define goals, etc.good luck to all of you with your dreams and enjoy the journey!cheers,martin
production, composition & stringed instruments