What are you working on?

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ShannonM
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: What are you working on?

Post by ShannonM » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:13 pm

gitanosoy wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:59 pm
Everything except country and Trap, only instrumentals.

Outside of Taxi writing an original piece, sting quartet, piano and guitar for local symphony orchestra.
cool, thx for sharing. Saw you on TAXI TV!

ShannonM
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by ShannonM » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:20 pm

Sounds like you're keeping busy. I tried writing for a Middle Eastern instrumental listing once. Did not work out so well, but was fun.

superkons wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:48 pm
Sad Piano, Chinese & Japanese, Ambient Piano, and making a new sample library, at the moment.

Contemporary drama and More Middle Eastern stuff in the near future

ShannonM
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by ShannonM » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:21 pm

thanks for sharing this :)

CTWF wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:08 pm
Hey Shannon - but also everyone else!

On Ilrasso's and Akira's Discord chat, we have live conversations about what we are working on: https://discord.gg/aZFZwC2aGB

Tom

ShannonM
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by ShannonM » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:33 pm

Hey, thanks for checking out my music. I listened to your song a la Divino Nino. That sounds really good and in my opinion right on target for the listing!

johnnyrowing wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:01 pm
Shannon,
Just took a listen to your track and hit the ole "follow" button on your Taxi page. The link didn't work . . . but . . . you had your artist page link in your signature. :) So, I was able to give it a listen. I liked Mystic Night . . . plenty of space and you certainly used up the whole range of instruments - from down low to up HIGH. :)

Cool cue. I hope you are able to bet a forward and a signing from it.

Shannon - et. al,
I just put the final touches on my Modern Indie Rock tune. It was fun. Studying Divino Nino was a blast. I used the song and chordal structure from Coca Cola - The vocal approach on verses is more akin to their B@d Luck and Cosmic Flower approach . . . then they are OFTEN falsetto on Choruses. :) The keys and guitars are an amalgamation of things I hear in their tunes.

I'll try to post a link - I'm not sure that I have the correct process down for that. https://www.taxi.com/members/Ef77nz5GSm ... -the-bomb-

Here's to hope . . .
Johnny

johnnyrowing
Impressive
Impressive

Post by johnnyrowing » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:25 pm

ShannonM wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:33 pm
Hey, thanks for checking out my music. I listened to your song a la Divino Nino. That sounds really good and in my opinion right on target for the listing!

johnnyrowing wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:01 pm
Shannon,
Just took a listen to your track and hit the ole "follow" button on your Taxi page. The link didn't work . . . but . . . you had your artist page link in your signature. :) So, I was able to give it a listen. I liked Mystic Night . . . plenty of space and you certainly used up the whole range of instruments - from down low to up HIGH. :)

Cool cue. I hope you are able to bet a forward and a signing from it.

Shannon - et. al,
I just put the final touches on my Modern Indie Rock tune. It was fun. Studying Divino Nino was a blast. I used the song and chordal structure from Coca Cola - The vocal approach on verses is more akin to their B@d Luck and Cosmic Flower approach . . . then they are OFTEN falsetto on Choruses. :) The keys and guitars are an amalgamation of things I hear in their tunes.

I'll try to post a link - I'm not sure that I have the correct process down for that. https://www.taxi.com/members/Ef77nz5GSm ... -the-bomb-

Here's to hope . . .
Johnny
Well, let's hope you work part-time as a screener for Modern Indie Rock then - Ha! :)

Thanks for giving the track a listen. It was a fun one to create. :)

superkons
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by superkons » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:51 am

ShannonM wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:20 pm
Sounds like you're keeping busy. I tried writing for a Middle Eastern instrumental listing once. Did not work out so well, but was fun.

superkons wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:48 pm
Sad Piano, Chinese & Japanese, Ambient Piano, and making a new sample library, at the moment.

Contemporary drama and More Middle Eastern stuff in the near future
I do keep busy basically all the time, unless I see the "dry spell" approaching, in which case I do something totally different and more relaxing.

Middle Eastern is my strongest asset, at the moment, and I totally love writing in that style

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:44 pm

I find myself writing more lyrics than music, I'm in a dry spell for new music. Fortunately I work AWESOME co-writers who can take me lyrics and create great melodies and productions! I'm also re-writing older songs that have good music but lyrics that are not quite film/tv worthy.

Collaborate with the best!
:D Casey

Kolstad
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Kolstad » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:02 am

I’m working on a bunch of material right now, most is full songs with vocals in the singer/songwriter and americana genres, but also a dash of seasonal tunes, blues rock, indie rock and pop jazz stuff. Very excited to have a few mastered at Abbey Road Studios in London.

I have cut back on the instrumental stuff, but have an albums worth to finish off left (mostly just mastering).

RickBourassa
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by RickBourassa » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:27 am

I am working on an album of Bluesy Rock instrumentals.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:29 am

Right now I'm working on a 3rd cup of coffee. :lol: :lol: