Frolic down in Africa Pleeeeeeeees

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

squids
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Frolic down in Africa Pleeeeeeeees

Post by squids » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:51 am

Hey Mild Bill!!I'm listening to it now.......nice horns and flute! I only hear two things I'd change if it was me.....the drone note could come down in the mix once the instruments start and you're using a South American drum......maybe they could switch to a djembe (uh, maybe not, it's a bit deep) or a doumbek (I'd go with that) and then use something else when the drum solo comes in to offset it?Very nice........this would make a nice opening for an Animal Planet show. P.S. Sent you a PM, LOVED your songs on your album!

bwrenhewmach
Impressive
Impressive

Post by bwrenhewmach » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:11 am

Hey squids How you doing sweet heart? Man I'll tell you what those producers can't get anything right. I will forward your message to Frank. When we finish all 12 songs for the CD we are going to go back and kick around some ideals on each song, , add the poetry and inter phase the songs and do a finial edit. Thanks again I put a lot of wait in what you say and I appreciate you candor very much. Mild Bill

bwrenhewmach
Impressive
Impressive

Post by bwrenhewmach » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:36 am

Hi ByllsongThanks for your insightful narrative of Frolic. Now can my wife and I come and live with you? We will sleep in the garage. The Bahamas and the Caribbean are my favorite places on the planet. My wife and I try to cruise the Caribbean at least twice a year and are really thinking about retiring in Costa Rica, Panama or St. Thomas. What a wonderful place to spend the remaining years of our lives. Thanks again Bill

byllsong
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by byllsong » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:51 am

Row row row your...sorry Sail sail sail your boatGently 'cross the seaHope the wind is at your backThroughout your journey (of course, if you are motoring...this does not apply)
Billy

bwrenhewmach
Impressive
Impressive

Post by bwrenhewmach » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:01 am

Apr 21, 2008, 8:51am, byllsong wrote:Row row row your...sorry Sail sail sail your boatGently 'cross the seaHope the wind is at your backThroughout your journey (of course, if you are motoring...this does not apply) byllsong I think you may be the poetthat really didn't know itthat lives across the sea where my wife and me want to be.