the vessel illumine

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

milfus
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: the vessel illumine

Post by milfus » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:13 am

damn you geoff, i got all teared up, had to man up real quick so i didnt start blubbering2 friends of mine wen that route recently, 6 months and 9 months ago, and it just a hit a chord with me, reading the lyrics, its a pretty song man
in the time of trumpets and guitars, there was an oboe

silvercord
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by silvercord » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:06 pm

thank you so much, Steve, Bill, Ibanez, Lindsy, Dave, Erin, Milfus,Liam...this really means allot to me.i have all of you to thank for helping me to feel i have thingsto share, contribute, express in this crazy world.i have found a goldmine of friends that i can talk shop/joke around/give and recieve honest-supportive feedback/touch on sensitive things with/poke funat Ern's neighbor;)im truly grateful!yeah Liam, are you a fan of Cocteau Twins and This Mortal Coil?Music is like my Soap Opera in a way...so many stories to do withour favorite bands...Song to the Siren was such a great great cover..and i thinkthe vessel illumine could have been unconsciously inspired bySong to the Siren (there is the Sea/Life Boat/Body analoge there)My favorite band, the Autumns(any of you all heard tell of them?), got to record their 2nd LP with Simond Raymond (the bass player) for "bella union" records~its such an interesting backstory too..that Elizabeth Fraser(that sangthe Mortal Coil cover) had some kind of rumored affair:) with the son of the man that wrote the original, Tim Buckley. I am surewe all know who that son was;)I just found out, diggin deep on the web that Jeff Buckly andElizabeth Fraser made a song together: All Flowers in Time Bend Towards The Sun.. hearing them on the same song together..is such a beautiful thingand what a lovely song name, dont you think?isnt it so interesting, finding artists you love, and finding out that artists you love have loved other artists you love? hence thesoap opera; )

squids
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by squids » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:12 pm

Apr 25, 2008, 5:06pm, silvercord wrote:isnt it so interesting, finding artists you love, and finding out that artists you love have loved other artists you love? hence thesoap opera; )Whoa, I never really thought of it like that before. Could be it's Friday night and I'm beat but that was a mindbender. Thanks!

silvercord
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by silvercord » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:21 pm

: )

davekershaw
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davekershaw » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:24 pm

Apr 25, 2008, 5:06pm, silvercord wrote:i have found a goldmine of friends that i can talk shop/joke around/give and recieve honest-supportive feedback/touch on sensitive things with/poke funat Ern's neighbor;)Hey, Geoff. Leave me out!You won't find me joking on this forum. Music is far too serious a matter for frivolity!!I learnt that from the The Beatles.You never caught them cracking jokes!

davekershaw
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davekershaw » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:29 pm

Apr 25, 2008, 5:06pm, silvercord wrote:isnt it so interesting, finding artists you love, and finding out that artists you love have loved other artists you love? hence thesoap opera.Whoa, I never really thought of it like that before. Could be it's Friday night and I'm beat but that was a mindbender. Thanks! I'm still thinking about it and it's Saturday morning!

ibanez468
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ibanez468 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:50 pm

You guys are freakin' me out with the 7 hour, is it? time gap. You guys are wakin' up when we're goin' ta' sleep. Freaks me out!I-468 BTW Dave, don't forget ta' give mother-in-law a little credit for your seriousness!

silvercord
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by silvercord » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:45 am

yessir Dave is 100% serious as a heart attack:PIbaneze GMT +9 in Koreaand GMT-6 in the Chi townbut im pretty used to it...i operate as a semi-night owl here so it works out just fine;)plus i do get sleepless often and jump online and kill the timetill i get sleepy. reading the taxi boards never really does that though; )

davekershaw
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davekershaw » Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:13 am

Apr 26, 2008, 3:45am, silvercord wrote:Ibaneze GMT +9 in Koreaand GMT-6 in the Chi townbut im pretty used to it...i operate as a semi-night owl here so it works out just fine;)plus i do get sleepless often and jump online and kill the timetill i get sleepy. reading the taxi boards never really does that though; )Yeah Geoff, we get a few hours advantage!Hey! (note the use of the caps), I get the feelin' someone is 'avin' a go at us. Or is it me bein' paranoid?Seems to me - not that I'm into frivolity, but, I thought maybe sharing a bit of humour - not that I would ever do that 'cause I'm always serious, is a way of people getting to know each other better.I mean, if we only ever talk about music, and it's theory, then we will all become borin' old sods, trying to outdo each other with our intellectual (had to check the spellin' on that) hypothesis (and that).Seems to me, composing music is about expressing yourself in ways you couldn't/wouldn't otherwise do.Many of the great composers have been introverts, comedians and actors too come to that. When they get together, they can relax, relate, and share a common interest. Maybe even relax enough to crack a joke or two.I don't wanna become a borin' ol' sod... do you?

johnnydean1
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johnnydean1 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:19 am

Apr 26, 2008, 7:13am, davekershaw wrote:Apr 26, 2008, 3:45am, silvercord wrote:Ibaneze GMT +9 in Koreaand GMT-6 in the Chi townbut im pretty used to it...i operate as a semi-night owl here so it works out just fine;)plus i do get sleepless often and jump online and kill the timetill i get sleepy. reading the taxi boards never really does that though; )Yeah Geoff, we get a few hours advantage!Hey! (note the use of the caps), I get the feelin' someone is 'avin' a go at us. Or is it me bein' paranoid?Seems to me - not that I'm into frivolity, but, I thought maybe sharing a bit of humour - not that I would ever do that 'cause I'm always serious, is a way of people getting to know each other better.I mean, if we only ever talk about music, and it's theory, then we will all become borin' old sods, trying to outdo each other with our intellectual (had to check the spellin' on that) hypothesis (and that).Seems to me, composing music is about expressing yourself in ways you couldn't/wouldn't otherwise do.Many of the great composers have been introverts, comedians and actors too come to that. When they get together, they can relax, relate, and share a common interest. Maybe even relax enough to crack a joke or two.I don't want to become a borin' ol' sod... do you?You might not want to become one but you certainly look like one!