the vessel illumine

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

silvercord
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

the vessel illumine

Post by silvercord » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:10 am

hi friends,its late late on a Saturday night here in Seoul, and i was justthinking that now would be a nice time to share something...well..kind of private with you all, as most of you have seen mearound the posts here and there, i didnt want to show/talkabout this song while being kind of new, as i think it would comeoff a bit over-dramatic.but i have realized that truly truly, i really have found the bestgroup of peers with you all on the taxi cummunity...as a song writer...i write because my old recording buddy put it..its "cheaper than therapy" ..its rare when i can joke, talk tech. explore our emotions through music making/listening process..so i would like to share with you, my new fellow songwriting friends, something i dont feel i could share with fairweather friends...the vessel illuminethis song was a strange one, every time i hear it ...it feels likea memory out of time, combinations of sorrow, peace, understanding, bitternes, shame and hope...one night i did something i have never done before, made a songin just a few hours. the lyrics, instruments, and vocal melodiesit all poured out of me so quickly i dont really remember recording iti felt like i was a container for some kind of muse to create though me: )....it was wonderful but strangely bittersweet...i didnt know how the sound came out of me. then..the next night a got a phone call that i wont ever forget for therest of my life; my father calling telling me that my sister had taken her life.pretty messed up. its still hard to sort out all of the emotions thatoverflowed my being on that night and the night beforeand looking back, its so haunting to read the lyrics, but..at the same time it makes me so thankful for being ableto feel like a part of me understands things more than myconscious brain thinks it does..that place in our souls where there's a timeless wisdom thatwe have somehow forgotten about...hence the name of the song..we are all vessels in which lovemay shine through...ahh i am trying to explain it the best i can...but its pretty hard to put it in words...thanks for listening to me blabber: )this one's for Angie...i miss you, Sis.the vessel illuminehttp://www.yousendit.com/download/www/b1NJeUNB ... truehere's the lyrics:The vessel illumine --------------------------------------------------------------tides unwaveringcall your namethe moonlights all of memorythe earth is the anchorto my soulthe shores are your breathin which i long to hearwhere have you flown?i will followwhere did you fall into dream?i will dive inand as i am the swanon your black seai wait silentlyupon the wavesi dare not straywhere the current pulls me,will it lead to you?the dark watermy limbo..call the vessel ofillumine lovepeacegeoff

squids
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: the vessel illumine

Post by squids » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:17 am

Geoff,So beautiful. Lovely title, as well. I'm so sorry about your sister. And I love to come on the boards and find folks with the same interests and wit too. So much great music to hear, all these minds hard at work producing something in another language we're all hopefully fluent in.

silvercord
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by silvercord » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:20 am

thanks so much Mistress Squids; )your right..we do speak the universal language!(no, no not esperanto:)

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:28 am

That's so sad Geoff. Lotta dying going on around in my life currently too. It's hard to know what the right thing to say is. I listened to your song, and I lost it, thinking about your sister, and how she must have been feeling, and the mess you and your father must now live thru.Thank you for sharing. Such is life. We all get busy, and then poof. caring is easy,steveApr 25, 2008, 10:10am, silvercord wrote:hi friends,... i have realized that truly truly, i really have found the bestgroup of peers with you all on the taxi community...

billg
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by billg » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:52 am

I'm listening now, this is beautiful Geoff

ibanez468
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ibanez468 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:03 am

S'really nice geoff. I am also sorry to hear about your sister. Thanks for sharing with us.I-468

davekershaw
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davekershaw » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:11 am

That's beautiful Geoff.I feel honoured you felt able to share it.So sorry about you sister.Dave.

momof4
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by momof4 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:24 am

Geoff, what a beautiful song. Wow. And what a beautiful voice you have. I am so, so sorry for your loss. Use your music to express that grief, those questions...it's powerful. erin

linziellen
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by linziellen » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:41 am

Geoff,You are a beautiful person and the way you write is just breath taking. My heart aches for you and for the people I have lost over the years. This is a wonderful tribute to your sister, I'm so sorry she left you, maybe she didn't...Lindsey

liamkelly
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by liamkelly » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:03 am

Apr 25, 2008, 10:10am, silvercord wrote:hi friends,its late late on a Saturday night here in Seoul, and i was justthinking that now would be a nice time to share something...well..kind of private with you all, as most of you have seen mearound the posts here and there, i didnt want to show/talkabout this song while being kind of new, as i think it would comeoff a bit over-dramatic.but i have realized that truly truly, i really have found the bestgroup of peers with you all on the taxi cummunity...as a song writer...i write because my old recording buddy put it..its "cheaper than therapy" ..its rare when i can joke, talk tech. explore our emotions through music making/listening process..so i would like to share with you, my new fellow songwriting friends, something i dont feel i could share with fairweather friends...the vessel illuminethis song was a strange one, every time i hear it ...it feels likea memory out of time, combinations of sorrow, peace, understanding, bitternes, shame and hope...one night i did something i have never done before, made a songin just a few hours. the lyrics, instruments, and vocal melodiesit all poured out of me so quickly i dont really remember recording iti felt like i was a container for some kind of muse to create though me: )....it was wonderful but strangely bittersweet...i didnt know how the sound came out of me. then..the next night a got a phone call that i wont ever forget for therest of my life; my father calling telling me that my sister had taken her life.pretty messed up. its still hard to sort out all of the emotions thatoverflowed my being on that night and the night beforeand looking back, its so haunting to read the lyrics, but..at the same time it makes me so thankful for being ableto feel like a part of me understands things more than myconscious brain thinks it does..that place in our souls where there's a timeless wisdom thatwe have somehow forgotten about...hence the name of the song..we are all vessels in which lovemay shine through...ahh i am trying to explain it the best i can...but its pretty hard to put it in words...thanks for listening to me blabber: )this one's for Angie...i miss you, Sis.the vessel illuminehttp://www.yousendit.com/download/www/b1NJeUNB ... truehere's the lyrics:The vessel illumine --------------------------------------------------------------tides unwaveringcall your namethe moonlights all of memorythe earth is the anchorto my soulthe shores are your breathin which i long to hearwhere have you flown?i will followwhere did you fall into dream?i will dive inand as i am the swanon your black seai wait silentlyupon the wavesi dare not straywhere the current pulls me,will it lead to you?the dark watermy limbo..call the vessel ofillumine lovepeacegeoffHaunting and beautiful, Silvercord. Lovely. Reminiscent, in part, of The Cocteau Twins and This Mortal Coil.Thanks for postingLiam