Hello Taxi Riders. I need FANS BAD.

Yep. Drop your super cool ego and beg for fans!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

aubreyz
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Hello Taxi Riders. I need FANS BAD.

Post by aubreyz » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:58 am

Quote:Quote:Case in point - How many times have you heard a preacher/teacher talk about when Saul's name was changed to Paul? Your homework for the weekend is to find that story in the bible. No disrespect meant. Stepping off my soapbox now.AubInteresting how many people bashed the Bible and called it myth when the man asked about his music I did some homework though check below:Acts 8:1-3 1 Now Saul was consenting to his death.At that time a great persecution arose against the church which was at Jerusalem; and they were all scattered throughout the regions of Judea and Samaria, except the apostles. 2 And devout men carried Stephen to his burial, and made great lamentation over him. 3 As for Saul, he made havoc of the church, entering every house, and dragging off men and women, committing them to prison.Acts 13:99 Then Saul, who also is called Paul, filled with the Holy Spirit, looked intently at him 10 and said, “O full of all deceit and all fraud, you son of the devil, you enemy of all righteousness, will you not cease perverting the straight ways of the Lord? 11 And now, indeed, the hand of the Lord is upon you, and you shall be blind, not seeing the sun for a time.”SAUL to PAUL for more details read all of Acts Chapter 8 - 13 it'll tell the whole storyP.S. - Everything in the Bible cant' be myth many places and people, namely Jesus actually existed and still do exist, it's even in secular history, be sure to check your facts... My 2 cents...Lets get back to Making good music and making good money from Taxi's Contacts I'm happy to discuss music-- but I won't be slandered Nowhere did I call the bible a myth. Seems as if you might have the problem "checking your facts."My peeve is perpetuated myths that aren't even in the book. Though you found the only reference to the apostle being called Paul and Saul -- you missed the words you bolded. Quote:Then Saul, who ALSO is called PaulNotice-- not Saul, who's name was changed to Paul (which is the myth and what I asked someone to find in the book), but who is ALSO called Paul. And the whole story of chapter 8 simply deals with his conversion - nothing about a name change.The truth of the matter is that Saul (or more correctly Shaul) is a Hebrew name. The Greeks and Romans had difficulty in pronouncing many Hebrew names, and it was common practice for a Jew of the day to have two versions of their name. Shaul and Paul would be similar to the difference between Jorge and George in a Spanish/English comparison. Shaul was a Jew, and at first spent more time in the Jewish community, but later was sent to the Gentiles- where of course he would be known by the Gentile version of his name, Paul. Thus - Shaul, who also is called Paul.Of course it makes "good preachin" to tell how the Jewish Saul was struck down on the road, blinded, gave up Judaism, and had his name changed to Paul. That version is no more in the book, than ha-satan (Hebrew= the adversary) is ever called a proper name, much less given the name Lucifer.and btw- the man asked about his music, and about his page. His page contained misinformation which I commented on-- just like your post contained a mis-characterization of what I posted, so I commented to clarify So, kind sir, do please check your facts as well. Your grade for the homework assignment - I for incomplete Aub

prafitjosiah
Active
Active

Post by prafitjosiah » Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:39 pm

How bout this? Lets keep making good music and making good money from Taxi's Contacts... I think we all can agree on that

aubreyz
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by aubreyz » Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:42 pm

Quote:How bout this? Lets keep making good music and making good money from Taxi's Contacts... I think we all can agree on that Agreed-- but don't expect me to ignore a good theological debate Aub

prafitjosiah
Active
Active

Post by prafitjosiah » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:41 pm

I won't, let's get on the private message and chop it up...Where do you stand on Theology? You seemed well informed, everything you've said wasn't really new to me. Very interesting though.Hit me back on the private message.

jaxsn
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by jaxsn » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:12 pm

I've been ignoring these post on the Bible but I see it is a subject that I can not escape,trust me I tried.So I just want to say that I will fully read these post and address them, since they started with my post.I will add.The Bible is not a myth, of course you can hold it in your hands, but it's the living words that can be made into life, not the BOOK itself.Also the documentation's, "not stories", ... are true.If a person get in his/her positive spiritual zone, with all their heart, and have a desire to understand how to interpretthe bible's meanings, this will be the first action.this is why the most important teaching, is the teaching of believing.you are dealing on a spiritual level so stop thinking carnal.Sept. 22, 2007 7:16pm est

liamkelly
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by liamkelly » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:36 pm

Quote:you are dealing on a spiritual level so stop thinking carnal.Sept. 22, 2007 7:16pm estJaxsnYou may well be right. And you may well be wrong. And I write this post for Aslam, my Muslim co engineer, for Nik my born again mixer, for Ray, my Jewish guitarist, for Darryl, my atheist coproducer, for Ryuichi, my Japanese keyboardist and for Sipho Hot Stix Mabuse, my colleague. As beautiful as the Bible is, there are more things in heaven and earth than are even dreamt of in your philosophy.Liam

jaxsn
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by jaxsn » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:05 pm

jchitty?, Thanks for the compliments. I "somewhat" have done what the Bama guy is doing (or did), but in the 21st century.Please don't get me wrong when I say "good for him, but I think there is a better way (to witness). Jesus said spread the Gospel to all the earthActs 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. If I were to talk about the Jesus plan in my city and just accept food, I would not be talking to you right now nor would people be able to read our post and give their opinion. where is the money to pay basic bills.I know it is very hard to accept Jesus using the internet, but I think, after reading how important it is for Him to get the word to the people,and having limited time to do so, TV and radio may have been on His list also.Since I'm not Jesus, it takes money. God does open doors though,please get back on that table and DANCE.my pastor is stiffy (he's got an issue with dancing). oh well we must follow, up to a point. Eccl. 3:4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; even David and Noah Danced before the lordI can't stop my praise.I gotta go, I'll send you the long version of "serious"liamkelly?wow, you have every kind of believer in your camp. many lovers of different god's?It nice to show love to everyone, but when it comes to serious structure, it would be nicer to have everyone on the same team (on one accord). that's just how I feel, although it is very hard just to get like-minded folk on one accord.Even Jesus had it like that. but there was a great lesson learned. Jesus know what he is doing, even during this letter. there are more things in heaven and earth than are even dreamt of in your philosophy.I have not even begun to talk about my philosophy, but it all starts with renewing the mind. and enjoying what God has created. "more things in heaven and earth than are even dreamt" like moving things by thinking, or thinking healing, having birds fly near you, etcreal power, no just talking about.

liamkelly
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by liamkelly » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:36 pm

Quote:jchitty?, Thanks for the compliments. I "somewhat" have done what the Bama guy is doing (or did), but in the 21st century.Please don't get me wrong when I say "good for him, but I think there is a better way (to witness). Jesus said spread the Gospel to all the earthActs 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. If I were to talk about the Jesus plan in my city and just accept food, I would not be talking to you right now nor would people be able to read our post and give their opinion. where is the money to pay basic bills.I know it is very hard to accept Jesus using the internet, but I think, after reading how important it is for Him to get the word to the people,and having limited time to do so, TV and radio may have been on His list also.Since I'm not Jesus, it takes money. God does open doors though,please get back on that table and DANCE.my pastor is stiffy (he's got an issue with dancing). oh well we must follow, up to a point. Eccl. 3:4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; even David and Noah Danced before the lordI can't stop my praise.I gotta go, I'll send you the long version of "serious"liamkelly?wow, you have every kind of believer in your camp. many lovers of different god's?It nice to show love to everyone, but when it comes to serious structure, it would be nicer to have everyone on the same team (on one accord). that's just how I feel, although it is very hard just to get like-minded folk on one accord.Even Jesus had it like that. but there was a great lesson learned. Jesus know what he is doing, even during this letter. there are more things in heaven and earth than are even dreamt of in your philosophy.I have not even begun to talk about my philosophy, but it all starts with renewing the mind. and enjoying what God has created. "more things in heaven and earth than are even dreamt" like moving things by thinking, or thinking healing, having birds fly near you, etcreal power, no just talking about.Hey JaxsnNot picking a fight here at all. Sorry if it came over that way. Was just making a point about how people of different creeds can be and are inspired by the 'Spirit' as they define it.But reading over the thread, I'm not sure what I said has any relevance at all So, apologies from this side. My mind wanders sometimes. In fact, often.LiamLiam

johnnydean1
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johnnydean1 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:13 pm

Quote:Quote:jchitty?, Thanks for the compliments. I "somewhat" have done what the Bama guy is doing (or did), but in the 21st century.Please don't get me wrong when I say "good for him, but I think there is a better way (to witness). Jesus said spread the Gospel to all the earthActs 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. If I were to talk about the Jesus plan in my city and just accept food, I would not be talking to you right now nor would people be able to read our post and give their opinion. where is the money to pay basic bills.I know it is very hard to accept Jesus using the internet, but I think, after reading how important it is for Him to get the word to the people,and having limited time to do so, TV and radio may have been on His list also.Since I'm not Jesus, it takes money. God does open doors though,please get back on that table and DANCE.my pastor is stiffy (he's got an issue with dancing). oh well we must follow, up to a point. Eccl. 3:4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; even David and Noah Danced before the lordI can't stop my praise.I gotta go, I'll send you the long version of "serious"liamkelly?wow, you have every kind of believer in your camp. many lovers of different god's?It nice to show love to everyone, but when it comes to serious structure, it would be nicer to have everyone on the same team (on one accord). that's just how I feel, although it is very hard just to get like-minded folk on one accord.Even Jesus had it like that. but there was a great lesson learned. Jesus know what he is doing, even during this letter. there are more things in heaven and earth than are even dreamt of in your philosophy.I have not even begun to talk about my philosophy, but it all starts with renewing the mind. and enjoying what God has created. "more things in heaven and earth than are even dreamt" like moving things by thinking, or thinking healing, having birds fly near you, etcreal power, no just talking about.Hey JaxsnNot picking a fight here at all. Sorry if it came over that way. Was just making a point about how people of different creeds can be and are inspired by the 'Spirit' as they define it.But reading over the thread, I'm not sure what I said has any relevance at all So, apologies from this side. My mind wanders sometimes. In fact, often.LiamLiamChange your medication!

jaxsn
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by jaxsn » Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:31 am

liamkelly?I never thought/felt there was any emotions of tension stirring.I totally honestly appreciated your post. But, I'm joking and serious at the same time by saying johnnydean1 is right "Change your medication!"I change mine often. Sometimes we conform to the meds, and then it has no affect on how we see things, until the BIG ONE, then it's too late. we need to evaluate our standards often, at all cost (even inconvenience to our self).I don't think this (below) would really affect you, if you are NOT Trying to doa ministry of the Gospel on a serious level, or seriously called or maybe forced, by God (I know the free will thing, this is different) in spreading the word to help others know Christ. But on the other hand, if you are a believer in Christ (whom I feel is God in the flesh) remember to tell the atheist, Jesus Lives, other than that. make sure the atheist is following your steps, and you, not his steps.bottom line: it's like someone not believing in your dad or in you, but you're allowing that person to guide your steps (not to wise. again being on 1 accord is the 2nd important teaching, believing is the 1st)Anyway:I been through a similar statement about 7 years ago.this just sticks in my mind almost 40% of the time each year.I played bass for a gospel quartet group for a few years.The guys always sing about God this and Jesus That,One day I found out that 80% of them maybe more, were not living the talk.(ignorance is honored by God, and becomes bliss to the ignorant.)So one day I needed to know where we stood spiritually.well I was very much spiritually disrespected, so I decided the group was not for me. anyway one of the singers said something seeming so disrespectful to me,by saying something about my God. I did not hear what he said.but the manager of the group heard and ran out to me as I was leaving the group.and he said....."Jaxsn, I apologize for what "that singer" said, it was uncalled for."I said "I did not hear what he said, so it does not matter to me."The manager said "jax don't take this so serious, you are apostolic, fine.In this group I don't care if you are apostolic, baptist, etc (he said other doctrines),or atheist"I said "WHOA, atheist? how can you let a non God believer sing aboutthe greatness of the same God that we are singing about, if he doesn't evenbelieve?""he said it does not matter, as long as we are singing."I left the group that night (this all happened at night, during rehearsal)well not to put a damper on this message, I'll just say.all within two month time,the guy who made the remark, i did not hear: got hit by a car, lost 50% of his intestines, lost a leg, etc.the manager got pancreas cancer (amazingly, he survived. but is no longer in the group)one singer's wife left him, he lost his job, and house.Another singer tried for the past 4 years to keep the group going, without adjusting it's spiritual values. Every gig has been an embarrassment to how the quality was in the group.people will not hire him.another singer's wife took ill, the he did a few month after, but they are doing finenow.my point is?I'm just letting you know some of what I've been through and seen spiritually.and to anyone who read my post about this Bible/God-Jesus thing, you will see why I know it's all real.I can go so deep but it's not the time, in my life. I need a break from the Christiansin my inner circle, many do not want to act right, so know that my post is NOT AN ATTACK. like I said my own people need help and strength. this is why we must know for our self and make sure no one craftily lead us off track.if we have any knowledge of knowing a little about Christ.anyway one Last thing I can say:the more you study and depend on Jesusthe Worst and Better your life is.Honestly, I feel the Worst is because, Humans have the hardest timebeing nice to each other (I still blame Adam for that, baddy, bad - L.O.L.)PS:I know I only been on taxi a short while but I do find it strange and amazingthese Christian listings (there are a lot of them). maybe it's commonPSS: i really find it funny the I type very long responses. I hate typing with a passion.