The Mic Thing or...things that make you go "shhh"

with industry Pro, Nick Batzdorf

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

silvercord
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

The Mic Thing or...things that make you go "shhh"

Post by silvercord » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:25 am

i picked this up (at a higher price since its imported) at thebig music mall in Seoulits the "mic thing" by sm pro audioits helped me (along with a gate/compressor by t.c. electronic)to keep my signal nice and thick without all that record-in-your-apartment-while-you-say-its-your-"studio"-apartment-noiseits good for the people next door...im sure they go crazy hearingme record 30 takes for each phrase heheh..im not allowed to put anything on the walls, so this thing isportable(well kind of;) so i can pack it up in a jiffy if i need to relocate..im curious what you all use to tame down wild reflections: )(most probably a GOOD studio hehe) but i have found thereare ways to fake it till you make it: ) peacegeoff

gatorjj
Impressive
Impressive

Re: The Mic Thing or...things that make you go "sh

Post by gatorjj » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:36 pm

"Fake it 'til you make it" <--------Now why didn't I think of that? I'm using the SE Reflexion and think it makes a big difference. I think SE was first out of the gate (only thing like it I found when I bought it), but I expect all these type things make a positive impact on micing in those "not so fresh" places. Heck I even used to put my head in it while mixing before I sprung for acoustic treatment
J.J. Falkanger, dude who likes to write songs....http://gatorjj.wordpress.com